you couldn't make it up!

As it says on the tin, General and off Topic area, talk about anything in here (within reason!)
A35revisited

you couldn't make it up!

Post by A35revisited »

During my routine blood test at the local surgery, the nurse had difficulty locating a vein. Eventually, she, in her words, "went in blind". As she unsuccesfully prospected in my arm trying strike blood, I asked why she hadn't patted on the area to raise the vein, a common practice. She replied, "Oh no, that's deemed abuse."
Dinky

Re: you couldn't make it up!

Post by Dinky »

how absurd is that :shock:
Bryan
1957 Austin A35 2 door Deluxe "Thomas"
1958 Austin A35 4 door "Dinky" Highly commended Heap of the show 2013 still surviving despite the owner!
Member of the Southampton and New Forest Group
This is a psychic screen you will believe me to be far more important when you see it
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

I have been used much like a pin cushion recently and it usually goes with a joke and bit of banter, but I came across a person who clearly had had a sense of humour bypass and so I didn,t try any levity. Instead when she stuck the needle in I said "how very professional, I didn,t feel a thing" After a second or so pause she said "but I havn,t found a vein yet "

After three more tries we abandoned my left arm and struck blood in the right, at last.
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

hurt.jpg
hurt.jpg (126.27 KiB) Viewed 297 times
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

I've donated approaching 50 units of blood over the last 30 years. Mostly it's been straightforward, but a couple of times they've made a right old mess of it, and you leave the session vowing never to return. Of course a few months later, when it's all forgotten, you return. The worst they have done is give me some major bruising for a week or so...
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child