What a Great Rally

As it says on the tin, General and off Topic area, talk about anything in here (within reason!)
philipangus

What a Great Rally

Post by philipangus »

Just a quick word to congratulate everyone in the Lincolnshire Group who were involved in planning and running the International Rally at Hibaldstow. The auction by Tim and Co was great fun and lots of bargains were had by the punters. I even made £7.20 profit!

I was delighted and a little surprised to be awarded the Overseas Long Distance award - 337 miles from Bangor in Northern Ireland - really thanks. Overall Biddy did 700 miles from start to finish with the only issue being fuel vaporisation and stalling with little or no warning on too many occasions in the very hot weather and traffic queues.

We are just home tonight and Biddy is happily back in the garage for a well earned rest - me too!

Philip
IMG_7492.jpg
IMG_7492.jpg (126.2 KiB) Viewed 564 times
Dinky

Re: What a Great Rally

Post by Dinky »

I agree, superb rally and well organised. Well done to the team :thumbs:
Bryan
1957 Austin A35 2 door Deluxe "Thomas"
1958 Austin A35 4 door "Dinky" Highly commended Heap of the show 2013 still surviving despite the owner!
Member of the Southampton and New Forest Group
This is a psychic screen you will believe me to be far more important when you see it
philipangus

Post by philipangus »

Hi All
Just a bit of fun - Hibaldstow at the centre and the starting points of everyone on the attendance list last weekend.

A really good spread from across the country!
Hibaldstow 2017.jpg
Hibaldstow 2017.jpg (233.56 KiB) Viewed 497 times
beko

Post by beko »

I like that!
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Nice way to display that info.

I admit to being slightly disappointed at the relatively few attendees from London and the South East though.
joiner

Post by joiner »

Hope that top mark was the one for our local chairman Billy Melvin.

As you an see it is drawn as a straight line, which most of yourselves from the centre of the country can probably manage, but us poor folk here have a lot of miles to cover to come to any event south of the border,
philipangus

Post by philipangus »

Yep that's from Oldmeldrum.
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

joiner wrote:Hope that top mark was the one for our local chairman Billy Melvin.

As you an see it is drawn as a straight line, which most of yourselves from the centre of the country can probably manage, but us poor folk here have a lot of miles to cover to come to any event south of the border,
Even us locals have similar issues. I'm probably no more than 40 miles from Hibaldstow as the crow flies, but avoiding Lincoln city centre (no north - south bypass) added 20 miles or more...
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child
Clifford

Post by Clifford »

What a great rally indeed. We thoroughly enjoyed it, tremendous thanks to all involved in organising it.

As one of the very few members that ventured up from the Southeast, we too were dissappointed at the low turnout from this corner of the world. Will have to see what we can do to improve on this for next year.

Clifford.
Paulc

Post by Paulc »

"I admit to being slightly disappointed at the relatively few attendees from London and the South East though".

Well Dave, the London Group were represented by Alan Palmer, Dave Turner, Russell Lewis (and his children), Andy and Martin Pitcher, Jeff Richman and myself. Two of our cars received awards and it was a 100% turn out from members who turn up at our meetings. If we include honourable London members Richard and Tracey Dracup that's a fair turn out. Based on alcohol intake I think we did surpassed expectations :cheers: .
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

joiner wrote:Hope that top mark was the one for our local chairman Billy Melvin.

Future passport and Sporran checks at Border control are not going to help with journey times :lol:
Rest Home for rusty vehicles
TILDAS PILOT

Post by TILDAS PILOT »

I have always enjoyed the adventure of a long drive to an International Rally, further the better. Hibaldstow was only about 20 miles for us,it felt like a drive around the block but at the moment that distance was welcomed as I am not able to drive/sit or stand for long. We did enjoy the rally though, well done to all the team, and it was good to catch up with the folk we found. Poor old Tilda has not left the garage for over a year through no fault of her own. I remain hopeful in the fact I get myself plated/bolted/and surgically pieced back together in time for next years International Rally, hopefully this time with Tilda.... The clock is ticking....... :shock:
A30/A35 Club Member 2002-
Lincolnshire Group member March 2002-Dec 2010.
Member of the organizing committee for the 2008 International Rally.
Belvoir Vale Group member(Lincolnshire) 2009-
Member of the Lincolnshire Vintage Vehicle Society 2002-
Teddybear

Post by Teddybear »

TILDAS PILOT wrote:I have always enjoyed the adventure of a long drive to an International Rally, further the better. Hibaldstow was only about 20 miles for us,it felt like a drive around the block but at the moment that distance was welcomed as I am not able to drive/sit or stand for long. We did enjoy the rally though, well done to all the team, and it was good to catch up with the folk we found. Poor old Tilda has not left the garage for over a year through no fault of her own. I remain hopeful in the fact I get myself plated/bolted/and surgically pieced back together in time for next years International Rally, hopefully this time with Tilda.... The clock is ticking....... :shock:
Didn't see you at the rally David, glad you made it and enjoyed it. Hope you get to go in Tilda next year! :wave:
Sue, Ex-Regalia Manager 2006 - 2015

Thames Valley Group Member
Arctophile