Father's Day

As it says on the tin, General and off Topic area, talk about anything in here (within reason!)
SteveClem

Father's Day

Post by SteveClem »

Is it just me being grumpy or is this Father's Day stuff a right heap of poo? Every year the kids get me an 'amusing ' card and a generous present that I wouldn't have chosen for myself. I'd rather they spend the money on themselves or the grandchildren... and I wouldn't have to hide it for 6 months then sneak it into the charity bag. Last year I got a very expensive looking slot together brontosaurus skeleton, presumably because they thought,as an ex-geologist, I would like it. Sigh...
I don't remember father's days as a kid, some kind of American invention I suppose. :?
gazza82
Site Admin
Committee Role: WebEditor

Re: Father's Day

Post by gazza82 »

Don't you? I remember Father's Day in the 60/70s .... my dad always got socks or possibly a tie he rarely worn and pipe tobacco!

Nowadays I do sometimes get asked as apparently they don't know what to buy "the Dad that has everything" ... I did mutter Ferrari last year .. I didn't get one! But did get some nice beers, a bottle of malt and three nice cards! The year before my rechargeable drill died while putting some shelves up in my daughter's house a couple of weeks before Father's Day .. I nice shiny new one arrived that Sunday!! (Which is no longer shiny!!)
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Club WebEditor.

Cars: "Project 757" '59 A35 2-door bought in 1971 & Subaru BRZ SE LUX Auto plus "family fleet": Alfa MiTo, Peugeot 206, (Ex '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS)
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

my slippers have been in a state of dismantle for some months, if I replaced them now there would be an outcry from those-who-would-buy-me-new-ones-for-fathers-day!
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

I have fond memories of Father's Day 2011. It was the last time I saw my dad alive... :whistle:
Father's Day.jpg
Father's Day.jpg (52.59 KiB) Viewed 181 times
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child