.Images on Forum

As it says on the tin, General and off Topic area, talk about anything in here (within reason!)
TILDAS PILOT

.Images on Forum

Post by TILDAS PILOT »

Last edited by TILDAS PILOT on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A30/A35 Club Member 2002-
Lincolnshire Group member March 2002-Dec 2010.
Member of the organizing committee for the 2008 International Rally.
Belvoir Vale Group member(Lincolnshire) 2009-
Member of the Lincolnshire Vintage Vehicle Society 2002-
WAC_Paul

Re: Loading photos

Post by WAC_Paul »

OK

heres my guide I have written for my other MINI forum. I have been told they are easy to follow and use but if you don't get it then please shout.

Paul
You need to host your pics somewhere like MINI2 galleries or the likes of photo bucket and flickr. Once they are on line click the image so it opens right up to full size. Most of these programs open up within the main page of the site - you need to be viewing just the picture on it's own and nothing else. To do this right click your mouse and select "view image" like this example.

so it looks like this

Then you copy the full address in address bar of your browser like this

Thats all the hard work done

to make it show in posts on these forums simply press the img button on the posting tool bar - like this

then paste the link and then press the img button again. It will look like this BUT without the spaces ( these are left in to show an example)

and that should be that - like this

this thread is for information only so will remain locked.
Please post any problems/questions here
Last edited by WAC_Paul on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAC_Paul

Post by WAC_Paul »

Creating clickable thumbnails of pictures in the forum.

By far the easiest way we have found to do this is by a using a Photo bucket account - http://photobucket.com/

This site basically writes all the codes for you so makes the job easy.

Once you have uploaded your pictures view your album and select the ones you wish to share by ticking that pictures box, they will then highlight in red, like this:

Then select the "Generate HTML and IMG code" button like this:

Then copy the code from the "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" box like this:

Simply paste all this code into a post and it will look like this (As usual we have left spaces in so you can view the example - don't put in spaces for it to work normally.)

[URL =http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/ ... ns0612.jpg]
[ img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/ ... ns0612.jpg[/img][/URL]
[URL =http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/ ... ns0611.jpg]
[ img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/ ... ns0611.jpg[/img][/URL]
[URL =http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/ ... ns0610.jpg]
[ img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/ ... ns0610.jpg[/img][/URL]
[URL =http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/ ... ons069.jpg]
[ img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/ ... ons069.jpg[/img][/URL]

and it will appear like this.

jeff

Post by jeff »

I have not got a photobucket or flickr account.And found this way to upload pictures is quite easy.
simple test for you
1.Find a picture on your computer and right click on it.Or scan a pictue and save in your picture file.
2.Send it to save as it should go to your picture file and save it in there.
3.Next go to your paint file and open the picture in there.
4.next click on image along the top and then you can reduce the size from 100x100 to say 50x50 you may have to do it again then click file, save as, and save in jpg
5.Next go to club website in post a reply near the bottom it says upload attachment click on that where it says browse click on that it will fetch your picture file up click that picture then click open.
Then click add the file it will fetch another box up and it says place inline wereever your cursour is it will place the picture there.
simple as that
troutrunner

Transfering Photos From Photobucket

Post by troutrunner »

Well why were on the subject and if you want to use Photobucket, try this.

you need 2 windows open, 1 with photobucket and the other on the forum post page (where you type your post).
on photobucket find your picture and get the cursor over the pic you want and under it a drop down list will appear, left click on direct link then right click and copy.
Now open forum window on your post page, click on the Img botton above and this will appear
[img]XXX[/img] paste your link between the centre bracket like this [img]photy%20in%20here[/img] post as normal and your away to the races.

then leve a gap and add another, best not to do more than 8 at a time, as some PC's are affected by photy's an run very slow
Last edited by troutrunner on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Member No.A728
Nil illegitimi Carborundum
WAC_Paul

Post by WAC_Paul »

jeff wrote:I have not got a photobucket or flickr account.And found this way to upload pictures is quite easy.
simple test for you
1.Find a picture on your computer and right click on it.Or scan a pictue and save in your picture file.
2.Send it to save as it should go to your picture file and save it in there.
3.Next go to your paint file and open the picture in there.
4.next click on image along the top and then you can reduce the size from 100x100 to say 50x50 you may have to do it again then click file, save as, and save in jpg
5.Next go to club website in post a reply near the bottom it says upload attachment click on that where it says browse click on that it will fetch your picture file up click that picture then click open.
Then click add the file it will fetch another box up and it says place inline wereever your cursour is it will place the picture there.
simple as that
I meant to add that in too :oops:

Only problem with using the in built one is if you want to share the pictures with other people who aren't on here. If you have multiple forums you use, email or fb etc etc then a picture hosting site would be your best option. They are all free for standard accounts and then you only have to upload the picture you want once to be able to share it as much as you want. :)
troutrunner

Post by troutrunner »

Now then can I ask if folk who have trouble loading photy's to post a reply saying if any of the answers have helped.

If the answer is yes, then we can ask Gary the Webmaster to make it a sticky, so it always remains at the top for reference :)
Paul
Member No.A728
mark d stokes
Location: Cardiff S Wales home of the flying dragon............

Post by mark d stokes »

i must be totally honest, its all over my head, why cant things be straight forward! think i will just not bother with photos!
Alan
Committee Role: A30 Registrar

Post by Alan »

mark d stokes wrote:i must be totally honest, its all over my head, why cant things be straight forward! think i will just not bother with photos!
but it's easy! trust me, you can easily do it.

funny how i find this easy, yet setting the timing and ignition stuff on my car all goes over my head!
Modified 1963 AV8 A35 Van
Modified 1972 Rover P6 3500s

Austin A30 Owners club registrar
mark d stokes
Location: Cardiff S Wales home of the flying dragon............

Post by mark d stokes »

i showed you how to do that, thats easy........ computers on the other hand to complex :roll:
jeff

Post by jeff »

mark d stokes wrote:i must be totally honest, its all over my head, why cant things be straight forward! think i will just not bother with photos!
Have a bit practice with what i said above its like riding a bike. :) :)
AUSTIN1954

Post by AUSTIN1954 »

Hi

does anyone know why we can't upload BMP. image files ?

Thank you
Alistair - Dover/Sandwich Kent .
troutrunner

Post by troutrunner »

this might help although it's beyond me, it is an explanation and how to convert to jpg

http://www.reasoft.com/tutorials/howto/ ... e-jpg.html

Found with Google, hope it helps
Paul
Member No.A728
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

I,m afraid I,m with Mark on this - I,m fine with mechanical and most electrical stuff but I suppose I,ve never made the effort(never had to) to get to grips with a computer.

Most of what is said I can follow but I find that however simple the explanation appears to be there is always a reference to something I dont know anything about - probably very basic like "paste into"" -I haven,t a clue !

Also, there seems to be a lot of steps in the process, so I would have to follow each step from a crib sheet "monkey see,monkey do" style and although I,m a computer dummy I,m no monkey !.

There, Im just a senile old Luddite !!
Richard

Post by Richard »

To Paste:

Click and drag over the text you want to copy, so it's highlighted. Right click on the highlighted area, select "copy" then click where you want to paste it, and click "paste". It then makes a copy of the text you highlighted.
1959 Austin A35 '640 TMP'
+ various other classics