.Images on Forum

As it says on the tin, General and off Topic area, talk about anything in here (within reason!)
Colinoff471

Re: Loading photos

Post by Colinoff471 »

jeff wrote:I have not got a photobucket or flickr account.And found this way to upload pictures is quite easy.
simple test for you
1.Find a picture on your computer and right click on it.Or scan a pictue and save in your picture file.
2.Send it to save as it should go to your picture file and save it in there.
3.Next go to your paint file and open the picture in there.
4.next click on image along the top and then you can reduce the size from 100x100 to say 50x50 you may have to do it again then click file, save as, and save in jpg
5.Next go to club website in post a reply near the bottom it says upload attachment click on that where it says browse click on that it will fetch your picture file up click that picture then click open.
Then click add the file it will fetch another box up and it says place inline wereever your cursour is it will place the picture there.
simple as that
Hi Jeff
I am following your instructions as above because they seem to be the most straightforward way of putting photos on the forum................however all is well until I get to the last bit. When I click on ' place inline ' having placed my cursor where I want it, all that comes up is a line of text saying 'attachment' but not the photo itself !!! It's driving me insane.......please help if you can.
There must be an easier way. I've never had trouble sending photos anywhere before.
Cheers
Colin
jeff

Post by jeff »

It works for me ok.
the picture must be saved in jpeg mind.and you are clicking on upload attachment on the post reply page and click on browser to find picture,then upload and then place in line.
auto.jpg
auto.jpg (52.71 KiB) Viewed 2706 times
Colinoff471

Post by Colinoff471 »

Hi Jeff
Got there at last ( see heater hoses under technical).
In your instructions I didn't realise the photo only appears when you select Preview or Submit.

Cheers

Colin
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Photobucket has changed and its messed me up for adding pics to a post.

All I can seem to do is show the code from which anyone reading the post will be able to click on the pic

Any suggestions from the computer geeks out there ?..
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

Right click on the image you want to post. Click on 'copy image location'.

Come back to the forum and click the IMG button, located above the box you type your message in.

It will bring up [img.][/img.] but without the dots.

Put the curser between the centre brackets and left click.

right click and click 'Paste' in the prompt box
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child
troutrunner

Post by troutrunner »

or alternatively you can still use the old photobucket by switching back on the link top right, as I have done and tell them that the new system is carp :wave:
Paul
Member No.A728
Nil illegitimi Carborundum
jeff

Post by jeff »

troutrunner wrote:or alternatively you can still use the old photobucket by switching back on the link top right, as I have done and tell them that the new system is carp :wave:
Thats what i have done its totally CARP
TFW

Post by TFW »

Hi
Im having trouble uploading JPEG photos to the forum, im doining it exactly as i always have done, yet it is not working, is there a problem with the site or is it something else?
Thanks
TFW
Spares Co-ordinator
1957, 2 Door, Tweed Grey, A35 - "Trevor" - 2704U
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

TFW wrote:Hi
Im having trouble uploading JPEG photos to the forum, im doining it exactly as i always have done, yet it is not working, is there a problem with the site or is it something else?
Thanks
TFW
looking into this at the moment, hopefully we'll get this sorted in a bit. Waiting for the Hosting company to make a change.
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

should be working again now
WAC_Paul

Post by WAC_Paul »

Thanks Gary. Thought it was me when I tried to upload one yesterday.
Mark

Post by Mark »

The image size is set to low, needs increasing to 2 to 3mb.
David Swain

Post by David Swain »

Unfortunately I would imagine that there would be problems associated with increasing the image size, such as the web pages would take a long time to load and the forum storage space would get filled up very quickly with large images. The forum has run out of storage space a couple of times already in my short time on here.
It really is not difficult to just make your image smaller (I usually make my images 600 wide) and save them using a different image name, so as not to overwrite the original image (Just adding 'forum' onto the end of the image name works well) The image quality is perfectly acceptable for forum use in this smaller sizing, and you can always email a larger size image (As Wac Paul kindly did for me recently) to another member if they need a larger resolution. :thumbs:
David Swain. Member No. A1743
Contact for 'The Suffolk Group'.
Contact Email suffolk@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

A30 van 55 'R.G. Swain', A35 4 Door 59 'Little Gem', A35 2 Door 59 'The Rev' '+1'
WAC_Paul

Post by WAC_Paul »

You can link in any size image you want to get round the size problem.

It's only hosting on the forum that's the problem and not to it ;)
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

In the long run its probably better if you use something like http://photobucket.com/
you can upload your images there and it'll give you the link to post on the forum like so

Probably one of our biggest cost is the extra disk space so the more we can get away with using external sites like this the better. :D