petrol tank

Restoration projects and Austin related chat in here please
dave coe
Committee Role: Group Co-Ordinator

petrol tank

Post by dave coe »

Has the club got any further with replacement petrol tanks/ alternative ones does anyone know? I've tried to look in search section.
Paulc

Re: petrol tank

Post by Paulc »

At the last committee meeting we agreed to go ahead with getting the tanks remanufactured although I'm not sure whether this was for saloon (non AS3) or for vans/countryman or all three! There is a meeting Sunday week so should have an update then.
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

Paulc wrote:At the last committee meeting we agreed to go ahead with getting the tanks remanufactured although I'm not sure whether this was for saloon (non AS3) or for vans/countryman or all three! There is a meeting Sunday week so should have an update then.
I mentioned that the main section of tank was the same saloon & van & it was only the filler pipe that was in a different place & suggested a universal tank where you fitted a van pipe or saloon pipe like how the flout unit is fitted by screw & cork gasket to for fill a larger market
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
TFW

Post by TFW »

Hi
At the moment Matthew is in the process of having a sample made (the first will be for the saloon). We will be reviewing this at the next NCM meeting and should know more after then.
Tim
Spares Co-ordinator
1957, 2 Door, Tweed Grey, A35 - "Trevor" - 2704U