A 30 types

Restoration projects and Austin related chat in here please
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Re: A 30 types

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

sacco wrote:Nick that's absolutely brilliant,exactly what i need ,will be able to get the square window rubbers in. many thanks, :cheers: Eddie
no problem, i'd forgot i'd took my rear door quarterlight out, get yourself a decent camera :whistle:
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
pick up phil

Re: The Countryman restoration

Post by pick up phil »

Posts moved from here... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9253&start=90
sacco wrote:Hi Beko, as you say not much left to do ,just the rubbers to the side windows and doors .
Had to cover it up, to much dust about, and it has been hot of late.
You are getting along very fast and doing a good job from all the pictures,it wont be long before you get some colour on ,I'll keep watching ,never miss a day on the forum.

:cheers: Eddie.
Hi Sacco

Whereabouts are you in Oz. We're coming over in March - could perhaps visit and take a peek!!
Phil Harrison
El Presidente' 2013 - 2016 (Now Retired)
Membership Secretary - Retired
Archivist in the dim and distant past - Retired
Chair or 2009 / 2015 Nat Rally Comm
Sunny Rotherham!!
sacco

Post by sacco »

Hi Phil that would be good, We are in Victoria, say when and I will give you directions.
A40FARINAGURU

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

sacco wrote:Hi Phil that would be good, We are in Victoria, say when and I will give you directions.
i hope the captain of the airplane knows where Australia is :thumbs: :whistle:
Nick Bayliss

Alan
Committee Role: A30 Registrar

Post by Alan »

A40FARINAGURU wrote:
sacco wrote:Hi Phil that would be good, We are in Victoria, say when and I will give you directions.
captains rarely pilot the planes these days, except for take off and landing as it's mostly done by computer. so at a guess when the plane is at 38,000ft, the pilot wouldn't see much out of his window in way of direction. :rol:
Modified 1963 AV8 A35 Van
Modified 1972 Rover P6 3500s

Austin A30 Owners club registrar
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

Yorkshire Airlines are now going a long way Phil ! :cheers:
Rest Home for rusty vehicles
A40FARINAGURU

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

Nick Bayliss

Chairman
Committee Role: Chairman

Post by Chairman »

Ooh ekk all that way Phil......
Mark Bouskill
Chairman
Van and Countryman Registrar
gazza82
Site Admin
Committee Role: WebEditor

Post by gazza82 »

Did it in 2015 ... London - Dubai - Sydney .... double-decker ...

And a lot of Qantas flights whilst there ...
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Club WebEditor.

Cars: "Project 757" '59 A35 2-door bought in 1971 & Subaru BRZ SE LUX Auto plus "family fleet": Alfa MiTo, Peugeot 206, (Ex '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS)
pick up phil

Post by pick up phil »

Hi Sacco

We arrive on 2 March, have a few nights in Sydney and are then touring the Coastal Highway, stopping off at Batemans Bay NSW, Kiah NSW, Bairnsdale Vic., 9 - 11 March,
South Geeling Vic., 11 -13 March, Codrington Vic., 13 March.

So if you're anywhere close to any of these we could possibly meet up.

I'm meeting a cousin on the 12th though.

I've also contacted Brian Brooks to see if there are any events going on we could visit.
Phil Harrison
Sunny Rotherham!!
pick up phil

Post by pick up phil »

Alan wrote:
A40FARINAGURU wrote:
captains rarely pilot the planes these days, except for take off and landing as it's mostly done by computer. so at a guess when the plane is at 38,000ft, the pilot wouldn't see much out of his window in way of direction. :rol:
I hope there's a bloody captain - otherwise may have to use my boating skills - navigation not too good
though!!

Just ask any of Yorkshire Group about some of our road runs!!
Phil Harrison
Sunny Rotherham!!
mecurtis

Post by mecurtis »

The car is something special, the attention to detail is fantastic. My AS3 had many items done by tradespeople, but, the results are less than professional.

I too have had no success with the Scotts Rubber on door weather stripping. The two front doors would not shut, so I've taken it off. I have driven it with out any seals on the passenger side, and only an inside seal for the driver's side. I'll tackle this at some point, but, as it's a fair weather car, and I don't hear any sort of rubbing I'm happy without the rubber.

Your post, like many others on this site, and the answers to questions are great - I have learned so much about how things are made, and how to put things together. Thanks for your continued posts on the car's progress.

The 1098 I put in my AS3 has been going well, but, I put my foot on the clutch and had a squeaking noise, so I thought the bearing in the crankshaft where the transmissions 1st motion shaft goes into it was bad, however, the first motion shaft was wobbly.

I have rebuilt the transmission, but not got it, or the engine back in the car. The car has not been ran in six months I bet, and the transmission and engine only got pulled out during late December.

Tomorrow the weather will be better so I will try to get the engine and transmission re-mounted, but I have no intent of having it ready to start in one day.
sacco

Post by sacco »

Hi mecuris,I am not sure whose car you are referring to,when you say the car is some thing special,
Mine is now covered up and is going to the big shed, and wont see the road until I get the rubbers for the vents I am sick of the waiting for bits to get the car finished, the car behind the shed will join its mate in the big shed,it will keep each other company, :rol:

So I have finished my chook house the chooks are happy , so have started the repair and recovering of the 8x4 Snooker table, that wont take long if every body stops asking me to do jobs.

Phil I had not answered your question as to where I am situated as I was not sure of my situation here. you are about as near as I could make out for your Itinerary 220 to 500 kilometers any where enroute.big traveling time in this weather to come to Shepparton .and you would have to make sure we are at home to travel that distance, PM me if you want ,I can give you my address and phone no,should you decide to come but there will be no cars available,sorry about that,but you could look at my chooks, :rol: .

Regards Eddie
sacco

Post by sacco »

Well it never happened ,the cars are still here, sickness stops every thing,we was going to trailer them, so to day it was decided to start the car and run it around the block and check every thing was working ,did just that no trouble with a short run ,every thing seemed to be working ,and then was going to drive about 5 ks to the shed,now can't get the the gear into neutral wont move out of first gear ,has any body any ideas what might be the trouble .
:shock: :oops: Eddie
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

A common fault on A30s is the gear lever comes out of the selector forks in the gearbox due to wear and tear on the components. Remove the gear lever and select neutral with a screwdriver down the hole.

You may have to build up the worn parts of the forks and gear lever with weld to stop it happening again. Austin modified the gear lever on later A30s to help with this problem... :whistle:
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child