Track car or road car

How to upgrade your Austin...and further......
steveward

Track car or road car

Post by steveward »

Hi I have been building a a35 up for a while now I have totally changed from standard I have fitted a ford 1300 GT crossflow engine. The shell is sat on a mgb GT cross frame with mgb GT running gear front and back also I have designed my own trailing arms. The susspension I also have upgraded to Gaz adjustable dampers with six inch racing springs also adjustable if I am able to I will upload pictures for you to see what I have done thanks steve.
Louis356

Re: Track car or road car

Post by Louis356 »

Wow sounds good.

Can't wait to see some pics
steveward

Post by steveward »

Thanks ye every one that seen it said how good it looks I have it sat on mini light wheels also fitted an oil cooler and a wider aluminium racing radiator. Sorry can not load pics has I only have a tablet if you want to see it send me your email address I can email you a few pics iv had to make the wheel arch wider has the mgb GT running gear is wider iv put fibreglass front wings on the steel ones was shot. So I used the arch from the steel ones to make the rear wider I used the offside front to make the near side rear wider and the near side front for the offside rear and they made it look great.
OVY871

Post by OVY871 »

If you want to send me the photos in an email I can upload them for you. I'll send you a PM.
Neal Welch
Car still going strong with thousands of miles being added to the clock.
Click the pic or here to read Ovy's story.
steveward

Post by steveward »

Ye great thanks that will be ok
steveward

Post by steveward »

Hi got the 35 booked in for paint in two week going for a satin finish pail green I have already done the inside and the underside the underside was a job the hole underside was totally covered in under seal I cleaned the hole car with red diesel to the bare metal. Sprayed with red oxide then one coat of highe build primer one coat white stone chip three coats of 2 pac pail green. All the joints have been seamed sealed to prior to paint this car will never rust again. I have sprayed the engine bay satin black the engine is painted in Royal airforce egg shell blue and the ally is polished. Iv got a full external sun visor not sure if I should fit it or not going to go with round number markers on the bonnet, boot and doors also going to speak to brother in law to make a aluminium roll cage. He is one of the best ally welders I know plus he has is own engineering shop. Not sure if any one is up for it but when iv done the project it will be up for sale.
ms1000

Post by ms1000 »

If you do intend it to be a track car you won't be permitted to use an alumnium roll cage, they have to be to a very specific specification regarding material.
Mike
Austin A35 1956
Scimitar GTE 1982
Scimitar Coupe 1968
steveward

Post by steveward »

Ok thanks I'm only looking at this point at ideas I will not be taking it on track days has I don't have the time but if I do sell it then may be some one can make it worthy of the track if needed unless every thing I have done to it is not good enough for the track I'm not sure thanks
roymck

Post by roymck »

Steven I wonder whether you will get your Daimler Dart finished before I do?
steveward

Post by steveward »

Hi Roy you have got one on me now trying to think where we have met it must be an age thing. I am waiting for Santa to bring a set of piston rings and shells for the crank for the dart I have the engine stripped ready but lack of cash is holding me up
Cyril

Post by Cyril »

Steve for some reason your posts were needing approval before posting. We do not use this feature on the board so I have adjusted your settings. Apologies for any inconvenience. :)
~~Lynsey~~
1959 A35 4 door deluxe Saloon 'Cyril'
1957 A35 Countryman 'Sid'
steveward

Post by steveward »

Hi ok thanks I did notice but just thought it as norm no worries thanks again
roymck

Post by roymck »

Hi Steven no we have never met, been looking at your thread on Daimler forum as a Dart owner myself.
steveward

Post by steveward »

I see Roy well one day then our paths will cross in a dart or a 35 may be hope to get the dart chassis rebuilt ready to take the engine over winter.steve in Germany is going to help me with some parts that he don't want
steveward

Post by steveward »

Just to let you know Dave has listed some pics on the welcom forum for me that's if you haven't already seen them give me your feed back has I said many eyes are better than two any advice will be great thanks