Numerous 1275 engines for sale

How to upgrade your Austin...and further......
Steveneathey

Numerous 1275 engines for sale

Post by Steveneathey »

Hi, I recently received a communication through the web site from a guy called Stuart Miles ('phone number 07517626540) who lives in Poole in Dorset who has several 1275 engines for sale. The text of his e-mail is below:

Hi. I am a Midget and Healey man myself so it wouldn't be much use to you if I joined your club, however I have through my collecting parts become aware that some Austin A30/35 guys may be looking for engines that I have. I have 1 morris ital 1275 and 3 morris marina 1275. If people have a budget or time for a bit of giggery pokery then I do also have 4 maestro engines too which I understand are permitted for the academy but cost a few hundred quid more to convert.

I am not Trade, I simply started collecting engines for my midget and got addicted. I was intending to trade up from a marina to an original midget engine so my car could be original. I went well beyond that, as time past and over a couple of years i occasionally had spare money I bought anything that popped up within driving distance. I am now embarking on a Big Healey as i've been lucky to find an empty chassis/inner shell which a guy let me pay a bit each week; 6 months later my journey begins to restore him and all my midget bits and engines are for sale to fund my Big Healey parts hunting... So if this is helpful to your members I would be happy to help them . I live in Poole and am a Tradesman so have a Van and if people need bits deliving I'd be willing to be helpful if it fits in with my work schedule.

I dont want to ask over market rate, but it would be great if I can afford a few healey panels when they come up so would like to do best I can for them as it did take a lot of time and travelling as im sure you've experienced. I believe they should fetch around 650 each and as the racing academy people are screaming out for itals with the ribbing; may be a bit more for him just due to the circumstances.

I have 2 midget gearboxes and I do mean midget not morris minor look alikes which I hoped would be worth 150 each. I have cam shafts, cylinder heads and carbs which I'll be selling. I do also have some lightened flywheels. Its amazing what you accumulate! The healey bits are horrendously expensive! So they've gotta go :(

If anyone is interested please give him a ring. This also appears on the web site in the free ads section.

Steve
Steve Neathey
Membership Number A111
South West Group Member
Owner since 1973
Club Member since 1976
1 AS3, 1 A2S4, 1 AS5 and 1 A2S5
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Re: Numerous 1275 engines for sale

Post by Neil Evans »

Paul Clayton pays £300 for the A Plus Marina/Ital engines...
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child