A30 track car update

How to upgrade your Austin...and further......
Dave Clark

Re: A30 track car update

Post by Dave Clark »

Iggle Piggle is now all grown up and prefers to be called Evo2. I suspect that as he gets older he may even become Evo3.

His family have been thinking about bringing him to Bath, I hear.

On a separate note I am pleased that it seems there are, or may shortly be, A35,s with considerably more horsepower than TMT,who is now getting rather old and tired - like his owner.
David Swain

Post by David Swain »

I do hope IP makes it to Bath. :thumbs:
David Swain. Member No. A1743
Contact for 'The Suffolk Group'.
Contact Email suffolk@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

A30 van 55 'R.G. Swain', A35 4 Door 59 'Little Gem', A35 2 Door 59 'The Rev' '+1'
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Club Secretary wrote:Any chance of Iggle Piggle being at the rally? :thumbs:
Just catching up after my PC broke. Got a new one now... :mrgreen:

Bath with IP/Evo2 is a distinct possibility - thanks for the encouragement guys. Will try to get along... :wave:
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

Big Daddy wrote:
Club Secretary wrote:Any chance of Iggle Piggle being at the rally? :thumbs:
Just catching up after my PC broke. Got a new one now... :mrgreen:

Bath with IP/Evo2 is a distinct possibility - thanks for the encouragement guys. Will try to get along... :wave:
The 4am feast is optional... :thumbs:
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Neil Evans wrote:The 4am feast is optional... :thumbs:
Hearing the dawn chorus before going to bed is special :thumbs: ... :cheers:
bigfootandy

Post by bigfootandy »

Just a quick update, the engine is all mounted up correctly now, the inlet manifold fits a treat and doesn't hit on the brake and clutch cylinders. The standard steering all fits in around it, was going to install a rack as per Evo2
but for now will keep it standard, lack of time etc.... The top mount exhaust manifold clears everything also, its nice to see the aftermarket Nissan tuners considered the position of an A30 steering idler in there design!

It wont be finished in time for the national but i shall be bringing it on a trailer.

Steve when we spoke on the phone i had absolutely no plans to fit this engine, ive had it sat in the workshop for a while and when i had the K series out couldn't help but noticing they were very similar in size and i just thought sod it got to try that..........

Dave i think a modifiers meeting at the rally would be a great idea :thumbs:

And Bigdaddy it would be lovely to see evo 2 in Bath!

Finally apologies for the lack of pictures it takes me ages to work out how to upload them and my good lady/ computer expert is currently working away!!
The Fleet- A30 Track car (Christine) A35 modified road car (Matilda) Dolomite Sprint track car (Mick) Dolomite Sprint road car (Elenor) Volvo 122s (Arthur) Land Rover v8 defender off road toy (Leper) Audi A4 estate (Yawn)
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Re a possible meeting.

If the weather is kind, can I suggest that anyone with an interest in modified cars gathers around the modified line up at 11.30 on the Sunday ?

All comments or suggestions are welcome - even rude ones, as seems to be becoming the norm in some areas !
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

I hope to be there, rude not to

:thumbs:
Rest Home for rusty vehicles
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Dave Clark wrote:If the weather is kind, can I suggest that anyone with an interest in modified cars gathers around the modified line up at 11.30 on the Sunday ?
Good suggestion for the formal meeting :thumbs: But as Sunday is departure time for many, shouldn't core modifiers hold a preliminary gathering on Saturday, potentially in the bar :?: Lunatic fringe must have plenty to discuss :thumbs: ... :cheers:
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Only reason I suggested Sunday was that some people only get there on the Sunday.11.30 because it is before lunch and before the judging.

Meeting in the bar has its advantages of course but maybe a discussion on Saturday night, late, would perhaps bring out some wilder suggestions.(Like turbo K series and turbo SX for instance -what is it about these people who always want more power ?)

Suggest two meetings, both informal, one as I suggested and another convening in the bar on Saturday night.
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Dave Clark wrote:Meeting in the bar has its advantages of course but maybe a discussion on Saturday night, late, would perhaps bring out some wilder suggestions.(Like turbo K series and turbo SX for instance -what is it about these people who always want more power ?)
So who will be first to make an A30/A35 work properly with over 150hp :?: Perhaps we could enter a sprint event as a team :?: I'm up for it... :thumbs:
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

So am I, but I think we should move this to a new thread as we have hijacked Andy,s thread quite enough
bigfootandy

Post by bigfootandy »

Hijack away Dave I don't mind, nice to see a bit of chat on the modified section of the forum :)
The Fleet- A30 Track car (Christine) A35 modified road car (Matilda) Dolomite Sprint track car (Mick) Dolomite Sprint road car (Elenor) Volvo 122s (Arthur) Land Rover v8 defender off road toy (Leper) Audi A4 estate (Yawn)
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

See you in the bar then :cheers:
Rest Home for rusty vehicles
OVY871

Post by OVY871 »

Will be there to chat to you all, looks like Andy will comfortably beat me to a working 150+bhp A35 though. His engine is in there already. My target date for completion though is to be able to get it to next years national!
Will be good to chat to you all and absorb some of your knowledge but more importantly to have a catch up.
Neal Welch
Car still going strong with thousands of miles being added to the clock.
Click the pic or here to read Ovy's story.