A30 track car update

How to upgrade your Austin...and further......
Big Daddy

Re: A30 track car update

Post by Big Daddy »

bigfootandy wrote:... you'll be the first to know when I book a track day :thumbs:
Hey Andy, please let me know as well so I can bring a car along. Was thinking about Evo2 but reckon I'll need the Rocket to keep up with you... :mrgreen:
bigfootandy

Post by bigfootandy »

Steve I will certainly let you know :) I'm sure Evo 2 would keep up just fine it has a major advantage over mine, Evo 2 goes round corners :thumbs:
The Fleet- A30 Track car (Christine) A35 modified road car (Matilda) Dolomite Sprint track car (Mick) Dolomite Sprint road car (Elenor) Volvo 122s (Arthur) Land Rover v8 defender off road toy (Leper) Audi A4 estate (Yawn)
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Have you tried those 720 lbf/in front springs yet :?: ... 8)
bigfootandy

Post by bigfootandy »

They will be going on it when the suspension is reassembled :)
The Fleet- A30 Track car (Christine) A35 modified road car (Matilda) Dolomite Sprint track car (Mick) Dolomite Sprint road car (Elenor) Volvo 122s (Arthur) Land Rover v8 defender off road toy (Leper) Audi A4 estate (Yawn)
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

This is all looking very promising !

And our club secretary is threatening to rebuild one of his A35,s a a purely track day car too.

Maybe we should be looking at a club sub section for these sort of cars ?
OVY871

Post by OVY871 »

Looks like I'll have to up my game before I've even started it! Can't wait to see this in action. Are you going to try get it to the national rally?
Neal Welch
Car still going strong with thousands of miles being added to the clock.
Click the pic or here to read Ovy's story.
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Dave Clark wrote:And our club secretary is threatening to rebuild one of his A35,s a a purely track day car too.

:iagree: ... :thumbs:
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

OVY871 wrote:Looks like I'll have to up my game before I've even started it!
250hp :?: ... :thumbs:
bigfootandy

Post by bigfootandy »

Dave Clark wrote:This is all looking very promising !

And our club secretary is threatening to rebuild one of his A35,s a a purely track day car too.

:iagree:
bigfootandy

Post by bigfootandy »

OVY871 wrote:Looks like I'll have to up my game before I've even started it! Can't wait to see this in action. Are you going to try get it to the national rally?
On the bright side Neal I now have a Caterham bellhousing and type 9 gearbox going spare.....

And yes I'm hoping to bring it to the National :thumbs:
OVY871

Post by OVY871 »

Big Daddy wrote: 250hp :?: ... :thumbs:
We'll see how me and the car (mainly me though :shock: ) get on with the first stage first. The engine is absolutely brand new so will need running in a bit before get chance to up the power a bit!
bigfootandy wrote:
OVY871 wrote:Looks like I'll have to up my game before I've even started it! Can't wait to see this in action. Are you going to try get it to the national rally?
On the bright side Neal I now have a Caterham bellhousing and type 9 gearbox going spare.....
We'll see how my planned gearbox conversion goes first, fingers crossed I won't need to ask if you still have it available.
bigfootandy wrote: And yes I'm hoping to bring it to the national :thumbs:
Is it too late to claim the first passenger ride? :thumbs:
Neal Welch
Car still going strong with thousands of miles being added to the clock.
Click the pic or here to read Ovy's story.
bigfootandy

Post by bigfootandy »

Very quick update, manifold is en route, spent today fabricating a big wing sump, hopefully get it finished tomorrow, will add photos when it's done :thumbs:
Steveneathey

Post by Steveneathey »

Andy, you never mentioned this minor upgrade (excuse the blasphemy) when we spoke on the phone the other day!

I rarely check the forum so have only just seen the posting. It certainly makes me feel completely inadequate with my more or less standard 1275 engine! I certainly hope you manage to get it to the National and really look forward to seeing it.

By the way, I finally started work on the A35 trailer me and Tim bought back off you today. I hope to finish it and spray it Orange to match Tim's car and have it at the rally. I've just resprayed my original A35 two boots trailer to match the A30 so that will definitely be at the rally.

See you soon!

Steve
Steve Neathey
Membership Number A111
South West Group Member
Owner since 1973
Club Member since 1976
1 AS3, 1 A2S4, 1 AS5 and 1 A2S5
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

The natural opportunity to discuss and maybe set up a separate section for the modifiers would be at the rally, around the modified car lineup,perhaps ?
Steveneathey

Post by Steveneathey »

Sounds like a plan. There are at least 16 modified cars booked into the rally so far. With the additional 'on the day' bookings that we always get it sounds like a bumper line up.

I have no idea how many of those are serious performance cars, but there could be some (none of mine would make the grade!).

I certainly hope Andy's car is there to give TMT a run for its money on the performance front!

Any chance of Iggle Piggle being at the rally? :thumbs:

All very interesting!

Steve
Steve Neathey
Membership Number A111
South West Group Member
Owner since 1973
Club Member since 1976
1 AS3, 1 A2S4, 1 AS5 and 1 A2S5