New Members SE London/Kent - Looking for a Car

A place for new members to introduce themselves and say hello.
Nikki&Austin

New Members SE London/Kent - Looking for a Car

Post by Nikki&Austin »

Hi

Just a brief intro'.

We are in the process of selling a TR3A that we have just finished restoring / recommissioning and so are in the market for a 30/35.

We have always liked the Austin (great name!), the TR3 is a little hairy chested for Nikki and having parked next to a nice super(turbo?)charged car at Gaydon earlier in the year, the seed was sown.

We haven't decided whether we go for a 'finished' (there never are!) car, or something that is more than a project. A subtle upgraded car would be ideal.

I can do basic mechanical and electrickery, but major work like the shell, paint and engine rebuild would be outsourced (we know just the man).

We will join the Club this week. We are based in SE London / Kent borders, so any local contacts would be helpful; similarly details of any events coming up.

Looking forward to scouring the Forum for help and inevitably asking lots of questions !

In the meantime, if you happen to be selling (or know someone who is selling) a nice (blue?) car just like the above - do let us know.

Cheers

Nikki&Austin
gazza82
Site Admin
Committee Role: WebEditor

Re: New Members SE London/Kent - Looking for a Car

Post by gazza82 »

Welcome Nikki and Austin!

There are a few sources of car sales we look after:

1) Freeads on the main website (there is a link at the top of this forum too): Open to anyone
2) A For Sale Section in the "open" part of the Forum
3) Another For Sale Section in the Member's Area (restricts the audience to members only) and A Wanted section to alert members you are on the lookout for something
4) The four quarterly magazines (available as part of the full membership)
5) Word-of-mouth! The Club "grapevine" is really useful.

Then there are the general sites like dealers and fleabay!

Look the TR3a by the way .. wish I was in the market for a sports car ... but I have my own A35 that needs restoring :whistle:
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Club WebEditor.

Cars: "Project 757" '59 A35 2-door bought in 1971 & Subaru BRZ SE LUX Auto plus "family fleet": Alfa MiTo, Peugeot 206, (Ex '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS)
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

Nikki&Austin wrote:We have always liked the Austin (great name!), the TR3 is a little hairy chested for Nikki and having parked next to a nice super(turbo?)charged car at Gaydon earlier in the year,
the owner of the Speedwell Blue one is one of our 'boy racers' with a big bore exhaust, the turbo may be for show :whistle: , not sure if he has a shaven chest :whistle:, but i'm sure he'd give you a run for your money though

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
Alan
Committee Role: A30 Registrar

Post by Alan »

hello and welcome. the blue car above is our very own mr clark's. one of the nicest modified cars in the club. I'm not that far from you either.

if you could let me know your contact for painting cars that would be great. i'll keep my minces open for local cars.

alan
Modified 1963 AV8 A35 Van
Modified 1972 Rover P6 3500s

Austin A30 Owners club registrar
Nikki&Austin

Post by Nikki&Austin »

Hi, as un update, after joining the Club in December, we now have a car.

Bought following a tip off on the Facebook page.

Looking through the file, it was restored by Ian Woodside from Hereford between 2006 and 2010. There are club member stickers for the period to 2015, so he may no longer be a member. It is clear that the Club Spares scheme supplied many many parts.

The car still seems to be in excellent condition.

Originally I had planned to throw in a bigger engine, matching box and diff / brakes etc, but as it is so nicely done to original spec, I may leave it as it is (the wife says I can get my own !).

Pics below.

Already negotiating with the wife re the International (its her birthday), otherwise we will be trying to join up with the Kent Group soon.

A40FARINAGURU

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

Nikki&Austin wrote:Hi, as un update, after joining the Club in December, we now have a car.

Bought following a tip off on the Facebook page.

Looking through the file, it was restored by Ian Woodside from Hereford between 2006 and 2010. There are club member stickers for the period to 2015, so he may no longer be a member. It is clear that the Club Spares scheme supplied many many parts.

The car still seems to be in excellent condition.

Originally I had planned to throw in a bigger engine, matching box and diff / brakes etc, but as it is so nicely done to original spec, I may leave it as it is (the wife says I can get my own !).

Pics below.

Already negotiating with the wife re the International (its her birthday), otherwise we will be trying to join up with the Kent Group soon.

Very nice A35, if you Google V888 form you can download it, fill it in & send £5.00 to DVLA they will send you what history of owners it's had as far back as they have on their system... :thumbs:
Nick Bayliss

Nikki&Austin

Post by Nikki&Austin »

Thanks Nick, from the file there seem to be 3 1/2 owners !
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

Lovely straight car

Welcome :thumbs:
Rest Home for rusty vehicles
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Congratulations on owning a pristine original car. Would be a great shame to modify it... :wave:
gazza82
Site Admin
Committee Role: WebEditor

Post by gazza82 »

Nikki&Austin wrote: Originally I had planned to throw in a bigger engine, matching box and diff / brakes etc, but as it is so nicely done to original spec, I may leave it as it is (the wife says I can get my own !).
You know what? I agree with Nikki! :shock: Leave it as is ... :bow:

Take it to the National and enter it for the Judging .. will give you and idea on it's level and what you really need to focus on.

If you want to mod one, get one that is in need of saving! :lol:
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Club WebEditor.

Cars: "Project 757" '59 A35 2-door bought in 1971 & Subaru BRZ SE LUX Auto plus "family fleet": Alfa MiTo, Peugeot 206, (Ex '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS)
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

gazza82 wrote:If you want to mod one, get one that is in need of saving! :lol:
:iagree: ... :thumbs:
A40FARINAGURU

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

Big Daddy wrote:Congratulations on owning a pristine original car. Would be a great shame to modify it... :wave:
here here quite agree :iagree: , it's a fabulous looking car :thumbs:
Nick Bayliss

OVY871

Post by OVY871 »

Does look a fabulous car. Will be great to see at the national rally if you can manage to persuade.
There are plenty of cars out there that would be grateful of a good home for a modified one to go with that one. What better way to appreciate upgrades than having an original one to compare it to :thumbs:
Neal Welch
Car still going strong with thousands of miles being added to the clock.
Click the pic or here to read Ovy's story.
David Swain

Post by David Swain »

Lovely Car, again would be a shame to mess about with it when there are plenty in dire need of saving that could have plenty done to them. Look forward to seeing you at the Rally, it is held over Abbi's Birthday, so we treat it as a bit of a Birthday getaway. :D
David Swain. Member No. A1743
Contact for 'The Suffolk Group'.
Contact Email suffolk@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

A30 van 55 'R.G. Swain', A35 4 Door 59 'Little Gem', A35 2 Door 59 'The Rev' '+1'