A place for new members to introduce themselves and say hello.
RWU104

Post by RWU104 »

Hello everyone, I've just joined the Forum. My name is Andy, I have a 1956 A30 2 door, I live in Halifax, Yorkshire, and know precious little about A30's. I bought the car locally a couple of years ago, the body has been professionally restored over 10 years ago, but the mechanicals and interior (mostly original except for the engine as far as I can make out) have just been stuck back in without much care. The previous owner lost interest because of all the things that needed sorting, so I thought it would be an interesting car to work on. Previously I've had kit cars - A Dutton Phaeton and a Quantum H2, and this is my first classic car experience (if I don't count those I had in the 1970's).
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Re: New member

Post by Neil Evans »

Welcome to the forum. All you ever wanted to know about the Austin A30 - A35 is here and more. The only daft question is the one you don't get round to asking... :thumbs:
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child
SteveClem

Post by SteveClem »

Nice to have you onboard. My son used to live near Halifax... Sowerby Bridge. I used to pull his leg about the 'Begger's Prayer'

'From Hell, Hull and Halifax Good Lord deliver us'

Tickled me because I lived in Hull for some years!

Enjoy your car.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

hi i myself have just joined the forum as my son bought me a 57 a35 van for my birthday, from the halifax area it's still sign written with a keithley telephone number
dave cleethorpes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RWU104

Post by RWU104 »

Thanks for your replies. Halifax is heaven, don't know about Hell and Hull. Keighley is quite nice too.... But I remember Dave Burland singing the song.
I've not had much time to devote to getting my car back on the road until recently, and have been sorting out the interior just to get to know it better. I've also got the electrics sorted and the engine running and now I'm starting on the suspension and brakes.