Gday from Tasmania Australia

A place for new members to introduce themselves and say hello.
AdamQ

Gday from Tasmania Australia

Post by AdamQ »

Gday everyone, my name is Adam. I've been lurking on the Facebook page for a while, since buying my little A30 this time 12 months ago. As it's been a tremendous source of help advice and inspiration I thought it was time I joined up properly. I live in Hobart, Tasmania. I bought a blue 1953 A30 AS3, which I now know was selsey blue as a project for myself to get into. Due to my health I no longer work but need to keep occupied so as not to go barking mad. I have always had a fascination with BMC cars thanks to my dad who has had many an Austin/Morris (a confusing array of what here were called Morris but Austin in the UK etc). I was searching for a mini at the time of the purchase to replace one dad and I bought years ago but was sold by my uncle (for a pittance) as it was taking up room in his shed... well that was then. The mini dream was too expensive but I kept looking out for something until my little A30 turned up :-). I bought it from a woman who used to polish my car daily and take it for laps around her paddock until life got in the way and she needed to sell. It's come to good hands. The car is in very good condit8on, a few surface rust and a hole or two but it was mostly all there...And very shiny in a well loved kind of way. I'm working on a shoe string budget, as I suspect most are, and when my health is willing. I'll post some pics when I figure out how to. There is one other fellow here I Hobart who has a grey A35 , another crazy friend of my dad, but he's quite aloof so it's me and that's all in the entire state....Unless I'm wrong, so talking shop about my car can be like talking to myself a lot...So its nice to be on board and talk to like minded folk even if you are half a world away. That's me and my car in a nutshell, no doubt we'll meet along the way. Thanks for accepting me. Cheerio. Adam Quarrell.
David Swain

Re: Gday from Tasmania Australia

Post by David Swain »

Welcome Adam,
Look forward to hearing more from you, and get those photos up. :thumbs:
David Swain. Member No. A1743
Contact for 'The Suffolk Group'.
Contact Email suffolk@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

A30 van 55 'R.G. Swain', A35 4 Door 59 'Little Gem', A35 2 Door 59 'The Rev' '+1'
SteveClem

Post by SteveClem »

It's great to have a project and a dream Adam. More so when your health is a bit dodgy.
Most nights I score a century before lunch against Australia...dreams you see,can't beat them! :D
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hi Adam,
some of us are not quite half a world away! :wink: welcome aboard...
AdamQ

Post by AdamQ »

I can almost reach out and shake hands Duncan :) he he he heee. Steve we're a bit wobbly on the old cricket at the moment so I reckon you could be in for a chance.... keep the dream alive ;) . And Thanks David. Hopefully clicking or copying the link below will do the trick and you can see my little car. The Austin 1800 Ute you can see beside the A30 is dad's. It's an early Mark 1, car 31 built here in Australia.

https://goo.gl/photos/G4vgn4gdNsoxKbS68
David Swain

Post by David Swain »

That's a pretty little car that you have Adam, very nice, like the Ute too! :thumbs:
David Swain. Member No. A1743
Contact for 'The Suffolk Group'.
Contact Email suffolk@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

A30 van 55 'R.G. Swain', A35 4 Door 59 'Little Gem', A35 2 Door 59 'The Rev' '+1'
AdamQ

Post by AdamQ »

:) Thanks David. About to brace the cold and tackle something...not sure what, but here I go .
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

A fine looking pair of Austins! :cheers:
that Ute is probably rare as rocking-horse poo, can't recall ever seeing one...
alun1955

Post by alun1955 »

Hi Adam, didn't know ud found your way on here, what did uou think of my steering wheel, he hasn't done a bad job considering what it went through.