New member to the forum - currently car less

A place for new members to introduce themselves and say hello.
'autofocus'

Post by 'autofocus' »

Hi there,

I have just joined the forum tonight and thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Tim and I am 37 years old. I live in Uttoxeter, Staffordshire and work in the alcohol beverage industry.

My first encounter with baby Austins was when I was 16 and studying for my A levels. Me and a friend bought an A35 and spent many hours after college at his grans house where we had stored the car while working on it.

As the car was more mine than his I wanted my own car as soon as I had passed my test. I bought my first car at the age of 17 and used it everyday on the 30 mile commute to college. It was a black A35 four door registration number RSK921, it was a great little car which I kept for just over a year. Unfortunately I had to sell this due to a lack of spares as Autofurbish was the only real source and they were miles away as I lived in Derby at the time.

I was baby Austin less for a few years until I bought my second car. This was an A30 four door and was a restoration project. I intended to use this car whilst restoring it, but sadly time and money ran out and it ended up languishing in my garage for a couple of years until it was sold to a local enthusiast.

I have recently moved house and my new house has a huge barn/garage which will be perfect for me to store a car whilst it is being restored. I have recently started a new job as well,so should have sufficient funds to allow me to get another baby Austin.

I would love a pick up, but think this is just to far out of my price range. Might go for a van if one comes up.

I have a huge die cast A35 collection and have some original brochures/manuals etc.

Looking forward to sharing the posts on here, and if anyone does know the whereabouts of either of my two previous cars (especially my first one) then please do let me know.

Regards

Tim
Previously owned Black Austin A35 - Registration Number RSK921, and Black Austin A30 - Registration Number DSJ703. Currently looking for car number 3 which will be a keeper.
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Re: New member to the forum - currently car less

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

welcome Tim, i'm sure someone will know about your previous cars & i'm sure we will persuade you to be carless for not very long :wink:
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
troutrunner

Post by troutrunner »

Welcome to the forum Tim, if your not already a member of the club it's a good move and the benefits are great, including access to our car sales co-ordinator, with a possiblility of a good car from a club member :D
Paul
Member No.A728
Nil illegitimi Carborundum
WAC_Paul

Post by WAC_Paul »

Welcome Tim.

As Paul said joining is always good as once you get a car then you'll need our priceless spares service :D
David Swain

Post by David Swain »

Hi Tim,
I like the pictures that you took at the Rally.
Welcome to the Club/ Forum.
David. :)
David Swain. Member No. A1743
Contact for 'The Suffolk Group'.
Contact Email suffolk@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

A30 van 55 'R.G. Swain', A35 4 Door 59 'Little Gem', A35 2 Door 59 'The Rev' '+1'
Simon83

Post by Simon83 »

Hi Tim, hope you find a car soon. I'm just down the road from you in Hilton :D
david

Post by david »

I am sure Simon that's the place where I found a pub a few years ago that sold good real ale and served a meat pie entitled the desperate dan challenege?

tim there's a great original van appeared on carandclassic, it's priced 2k below dealer prices, it'll be had to repeat at that price
gazza82
Site Admin
Committee Role: WebEditor

Post by gazza82 »

Some time on it's Simon's birthday today!

Wonder if he ever found that van he so wanted?
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Club WebEditor.

Cars: "Project 757" '59 A35 2-door bought in 1971 & Subaru BRZ SE LUX Auto plus "family fleet": Alfa MiTo, Peugeot 206, (Ex '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS)