Hello

A place for new members to introduce themselves and say hello.
gazza82
Site Admin
Committee Role: WebEditor

Re: Hello

Post by gazza82 »

steveward wrote:Ha thanks for the pics Dave and it does look better in the flesh I am going to go with painted bumpers in the same colour to match the grill but will go with a full back and I will cut the front one down to go with the quarter size bumpers instead glad I whent with the satin finish on the paint not sure if I should go with any race decals though will get the screen back in then mount the metal sun visor had that painted same colour will send some more pics Dave later if you don't mind
I have a funny feeling racing decals inc numbers are illegal on UK roads .. I remember reading something many moons ago .. prepared to be corrected by wiser people than I!
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Club WebEditor.

Cars: "Project 757" '59 A35 2-door bought in 1971 & Subaru BRZ SE LUX Auto plus "family fleet": Alfa MiTo, Peugeot 206, (Ex '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS)
gazza82
Site Admin

Post by gazza82 »

MIght have been this from PistonHeads ...
IIRC it isn't illegal to have numbers on your car. However if it is a racing car and driven on the road, numbers should be crossed out. I think the MSA competition license states this. They "could" probably revoke your license to race

Club WebEditor.

Cars: "Project 757" '59 A35 2-door bought in 1971 & Subaru BRZ SE LUX Auto plus "family fleet": Alfa MiTo, Peugeot 206, (Ex '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS)
David Swain

Post by David Swain »

Big Daddy crosses the numbers out with electrical tape when He drives Iggle Piggle on the road, but I have seen a good few Herby lookalikes driving around with 53 printed or painted on them, with no attempt at coverage or crossage! :whistle:
David Swain. Member No. A1743
Contact for 'The Suffolk Group'.
Contact Email suffolk@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

A30 van 55 'R.G. Swain', A35 4 Door 59 'Little Gem', A35 2 Door 59 'The Rev' '+1'
gazza82
Site Admin

Post by gazza82 »

No numbers on IP when I had the honour of a run down the A12 with Tom .. :clapping:

.. then again they could have been on there when we started and simply stripped away due to the wind velocity :whistle:

Club WebEditor.

steveward

Post by steveward »

I will think about it just thought it may break the paint up a bit I was just going with the white disc no numbers then general advertising logos that's all but I will cross that bridge later this weekend it's get dash, bumpers and any other trim ready for paint and then mock up the exhaust
gazza82
Site Admin

Post by gazza82 »

Iggle Piggle aka EVO2 ..

Club WebEditor.

steveward

Post by steveward »

well chuff me I thought mine was a one off looks like iv just copied this one even though iv never seen it before now. But ye that's the sort of look I was thinking of but I was going to go round markers and off set on the bonnet and boot I do like the rear arch design.
David Swain

Post by David Swain »

I think that you would like more than just the rear arch design Steve! :thumbs:

A30 van 55 'R.G. Swain', A35 4 Door 59 'Little Gem', A35 2 Door 59 'The Rev' '+1'
steveward

Post by steveward »

Ye I'm sure I will Dave but it will only start me off and buy another to do even better and I have to many projects on the go already. But then again I do have a friend that has just had four Aston Martin prototype engines sent to his company to be destroyed may be one could go missing ?
David Swain

Post by David Swain »

Well Steve has been busy, and He has gone with the circles. :thumbs:
Front
Front
image.jpeg (87.26 KiB) Viewed 965 times
Back
Back
image.jpeg (72.12 KiB) Viewed 965 times
Front quarter
Front quarter
image.jpeg (90.4 KiB) Viewed 965 times
Side
Side
image.jpeg (72.76 KiB) Viewed 965 times
I do approve! :mrgreen:

Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

gazza82 wrote:Iggle Piggle aka EVO2 ..
Evo2 only has those square white backgrounds and other stickers because she was raced in MSVR Team and Trackday Trophy events. Would like to peel them off but we're afraid body paint might come off with them... :shock:
steveward

Post by steveward »

Thanks for the pics Dave :wave: I'm very pleased with how the 35 turned out still got to get the rear shocks tweeked abit more and a prop shaft made.
But getting there slowly thanks again