Hi All

A place for new members to introduce themselves and say hello.
Paul Jackson

Hi All

Post by Paul Jackson »

Austin A30 owner for 30 years here to say hi.

The cars only covered nearly 600 miles in that 30 years but I'm in the process of upgrading the brakes so hope to have it out on the road more this year.

Hope to get/share some information from you all.

Thanks!
David Swain

Re: Hi All

Post by David Swain »

Welcome Paul, where are you, and do you have any pictures of your Austin to share with us?
David Swain. Member No. A1743
Contact for 'The Suffolk Group'.
Contact Email suffolk@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

A30 van 55 'R.G. Swain', A35 4 Door 59 'Little Gem', A35 2 Door 59 'The Rev' '+1'
OVY871

Post by OVY871 »

Welcome to the forum, we like any info and try to help where we can, once you get the brakes sorted hopefully there won't be too much holding you back from beating the 600 miles per 30 years. I've done 750 miles in mine this week so they're certainly capable!
I am considering ear plugs for next week though :lol:
Neal Welch
Car still going strong with thousands of miles being added to the clock.
Click the pic or here to read Ovy's story.
Paul Jackson

Post by Paul Jackson »

Hi sorry for the delay in the reply . I am in Feltham near Heathrow I will post photos shortly thanks Paul
gazza82
Site Admin
Committee Role: WebEditor

Post by gazza82 »

I broke down near there in my A35 back in the '70s! ... snapped the clutch operating rod right outside an Austin/BMC dealership .. had the part in the stores and we fitted it in the car park! :lol:

Thinking about it may have been nearer to Ashford ... on A30 Staines Road .. :oops:

But I was a regular visitor to that area as I spent many hours learning to drive around that part of the world .. my "teacher" had a girl-friend down that way so I acted as chauffeur! :lol:
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Club WebEditor.

Cars: "Project 757" '59 A35 2-door bought in 1971 & Subaru BRZ SE LUX Auto plus "family fleet": Alfa MiTo, Peugeot 206, (Ex '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS)
Alan
Committee Role: A30 Registrar

Post by Alan »

know the area well. I was only in Feltham last week. would be nice to see your car as I am local.
Modified 1963 AV8 A35 Van
Modified 1972 Rover P6 3500s

Austin A30 Owners club registrar
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

gazza82 wrote:I broke down near there in my A35 back in the '70s! ... snapped the clutch operating rod right outside an Austin/BMC dealership .. had the part in the stores and we fitted it in the car park! :lol:

Thinking about it may have been nearer to Ashford ... on A30 Staines Road .. :oops:
That would have been Gibbs of Bedfont. The storeman only had one arm and was one of the grumpiest people I've ever had to deal with...
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

Neil Evans wrote:
gazza82 wrote:I broke down near there in my A35 back in the '70s! ... snapped the clutch operating rod right outside an Austin/BMC dealership .. had the part in the stores and we fitted it in the car park! :lol:

That would have been Gibbs of Bedfont. The storeman only had one arm and was one of the grumpiest people I've ever had to deal with...
did he lend a 'hand' :whistle:
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
gazza82
Site Admin
Committee Role: WebEditor

Post by gazza82 »

Not to me he didn't ... ;-)

But they did help man-handle my car onto some blocks so I could slide under one side. (Health & Safety? That was invented a lot later! :-) ). The workshop was full otherwise I think we might have got to borrow a lift.

Think the guys were reasonably impressed a long-haired teenager knew what to do .. And had the right tools in the boot as well.
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Club WebEditor.

Cars: "Project 757" '59 A35 2-door bought in 1971 & Subaru BRZ SE LUX Auto plus "family fleet": Alfa MiTo, Peugeot 206, (Ex '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS)