International Rally 2013

Going to an event or show? List it here so others know about it too.
clive simpson

International Rally 2013

Post by clive simpson »

Hi.

My name is Clive Simpson and I am the local group secretary of the Southampton & New Forest group and we are hosting the 2013 International Rally at the Winchester Rugby Club during the period 24 - 27th May.

At our last rally committee meeting some queries were raised, these being, would other groups be interested in a competition at the rally for the best club stand? Also, as there is now a younger member's section, what would these members like to see at our rally? We are also looking to introduce a 1950's / 60's theme to the rally, where everyone would be encouraged to dress up in the costumes of this period, it's not compulsory but it would give an added dimension to the rally.

For the ladies there will be a fashion show after dinner on the Saturday night, before the 1950's / 60's music swings into action. Also for the ladies the High street of Winchester is only a ten minute walk away from the club house, I know it is ten minutes because I have timed it!

We are also looking to introduce additional events which would be of interest to everyone at the rally.

I look forward to your comments.
Clive Simpson.
Chairman
Committee Role: Chairman

Re: International Rally 2013

Post by Chairman »

Hi Clive, welcome to the forum at long last, suprised that you have not been registered on here before!
I am sure that the Devon group would love to enter into the best group stand competition and the idea of everyone entering in 50's/60's clothes sounds good, as for the young members section, you may need to send Rosie a pm so that she can contact all those in that section. She is on here frequently so will hopefully see your post. Not long now.... :wink:
Mark
Mark Bouskill
Chairman
Van and Countryman Registrar
Teddybear

Post by Teddybear »

clive simpson wrote:Hi.

We are also looking to introduce a 1950's / 60's theme to the rally, where everyone would be encouraged to dress up in the costumes of this period,

Clive Simpson.
Mmmm...... providing we don't get the deluge of rain like Lichfield, a swinging sixties skirt would not look too good accompanied with wellies!!!! :lol:
Sue, Ex-Regalia Manager 2006 - 2015

Thames Valley Group Member
Arctophile
Chairman
Committee Role: Chairman

Post by Chairman »

Regalia wrote:

We are also looking to introduce a 1950's / 60's theme to the rally, where everyone would be encouraged to dress up in the costumes of this period,

Clive Simpson.
Mmmm...... providing we don't get the deluge of rain like Lichfield, a swinging sixties skirt would not look too good accompanied with wellies!!!! :lol:
Are you refering to the mini skirt Sue?? :lol: Hmmm would make for some interesting sights! :shock: A bit easier for us guys, guess it gives us 9 months to grow sideburns etc :lol: :lol:
Mark Bouskill
Chairman
Van and Countryman Registrar
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

clive simpson wrote:Also, as there is now a younger member's section, what would these members like to see at our rally?
I'll ask people in the group :)
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Booked my accommodation already !
Teddybear

Post by Teddybear »

Chairman wrote:
Regalia wrote:

Clive Simpson.
Are you refering to the mini skirt Sue?? :lol: Hmmm would make for some interesting sights! :shock: A bit easier for us guys, guess it gives us 9 months to grow sideburns etc :lol: :lol:

No Mark, NOT mini skirt, wouldn't want to make everyone feel sick! :lol:

Arctophile
gutty57

Post by gutty57 »

i am still new to the forum . i will be joining the club in january . i have a black 2dr A35 and an early A35van that i am restoring . will there be camping ? can i bring my caravan for me my dad n my son ?
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

There's certainly been camping at the last 40 nationals... 8)
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child
clive simpson

Post by clive simpson »

Hi.

The Winchester Rugby club has 3 rugby fields, one of which will be used for camping as will the area perimeter around the rugby fields. One field will be used for showing the cars and the first team pitch will be used for the arena as it is directly in front of the club house.

Clive Simpson.
Sweetie

Post by Sweetie »

Period Dress - how much room do you lot think we have in the vehicles next to the camping stuff/2 adultss/children/dog

Only things that concern some of us campers is - toilets on the camping field - not to nice having a long trek in the rain in the middle of the night or any time of the day or night for that matter and not shared showers.
This is not just a female wish/request either. I understand we are camping but this is not the 1950's
If Motor Cycle clubs who hold their rallies on rugby club sites offer this to the campers why cant we.
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

So far the only responses I've had are about the toilets too...
troutrunner

Post by troutrunner »

More important this one, what's the beer, good real ale I hope and from local brewers :D
Paul
Member No.A728
Nil illegitimi Carborundum
Teddybear

Post by Teddybear »

troutrunner wrote:More important this one, what's the beer, good real ale I hope and from local brewers :D
No Paul, not more important, the TOILETS definitely are!!! Its alright for you men!!

Arctophile
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

Regalia wrote:
troutrunner wrote:More important this one, what's the beer, good real ale I hope and from local brewers :D
No Paul, not more important, the TOILETS definitely are!!! Its alright for you men!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)