HRDC

Going to an event or show? List it here so others know about it too.
WAC_Paul

HRDC

Post by WAC_Paul »

From Octane magazine's facebook page:

This will be great fun! The first ever all-Austin A35 race. Octane's David Lillywhite will be taking part. Mallory Park, 26 September.

David Lillywhite (Octanes editor and once club man at Practical Classics) is also writing a piece for me for the magazine.

So who's up for attending this? A race full of our cars is surely not to be missed and I intend to be there to cover it for the mag. Would be rude not to have a good get together too.

Paul

Attending

Paul Lewis
Neal Welch
Brian Ireland
Chris Howell
Zak Linham
Steve Neathey
Tim Neahtey
Giles Kingdon
Stephen Allyene
David Wilkinson
Josh Bouskill
Chris Williams
Dave Clark
Robinhood
David Swain
Richard Hughes (possibly)
Gary Winfield
John Knight
Ryan Hatfield
Paul Clayton
Richard Woolmer
Cousin Dave
Alan Hopkinson

UPDATE

I have now sorted everything with Mallory Park. They are reserving us space for 20 cars in the Kirby Straight parking area. They have asked if as many of us could buy our tickets in advance for this. They are cheaper that way too.

for tickets please Tel: 01455 502214 or online here:https://www.malloryparkcircuit.com/.../ ... -racefest/

The qualifying starts from 9.30 am (although they are still waiting on a full timetable for the entire day, keep checking the website for details) so we have arranged to meet at 9am at Wheatfield Way in Hinkeley which is just off the A47 in Hinkley by mc donalds. the postcode for those with sat navs is LE10 1YG

Dave Clark

Re: HRDC

Post by Dave Clark »

I will probably go AFTER I have seen the entry list.

The one I attended last year, specifically to see the Academy racers, at Silverstone, had ONE car !
gazza82
Site Admin
Committee Role: WebEditor

Post by gazza82 »

Dave,

As this one is specifically for the A30/A35s, I'd hope they have at least two! Or it wouldn't be much of a race! :whistle:
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Club WebEditor.

Cars: "Project 757" '59 A35 2-door bought in 1971 & Subaru BRZ SE LUX Auto plus "family fleet": Alfa MiTo, Peugeot 206, (Ex '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS)
talie

Post by talie »

Been there many a time (fantastic place for photography if you are into it), they sometimes allow groups to park up near the bottom, wonder if its worth talking to them to see if we can all be together, be a good show for them with 11+ attending.

Am happy to try and talk to them about it if someone wants me to
I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth - Janeane Garofalo
WAC_Paul

Re: HRDC "Gentlemen and Players" Flying A Trohpy race

Post by WAC_Paul »

I've asked both for a dedicated parking area and a press pass to take pictures for the magazine
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

where have you had that? in your pocket to end up being all tatty
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
WAC_Paul

Post by WAC_Paul »

the entire HRDC has this design throughout
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

WAC_Paul wrote:the entire HRDC has this design throughout
it doesn't give them a very good impression, not a patch on our magazine & club huh?
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
WAC_Paul

Post by WAC_Paul »

Part of the email response from the Hrdc so I hope it answer your questions and comments;

As it stands we have 17 x ‘Speedwell’ cars registered with the HRDC. Not all of these cars run at any one time, but they have all been proven on track and none are ‘work in progress’. I think that we will be able to persuade a good number of these modified cars out on track at Mallory Park considering the unique nature of this event.

As of yesterday, we have 19 x ‘Academy’ cars in build. We are hoping to have 5 x ‘Academy’ cars at Silverstone on 4th April and a positive increment, race on race, thereafter.

My target for Mallory Park is to have a mixed ‘Speedwell/Academy’ grid of 20 x A30/A35 race cars and, fingers crossed, we may even have more (The grid at Mallory Park holds x 30 places).

Probably the most salient point to note, apart from the obvious fact that this is the first-ever race dedicated to A30/A35 Austin race cars, is all the cars will be running on Dunlop CR65 historic race tyres, thus further helping to establish a level playing field within both categories of this race.
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Starting to look like good meeting.

Shame I cant put my car on track
MikT

Post by MikT »

What's the difference between an "Academy" and a "Speedwell "car other than the Academy Car seems rather expensive ??
Have looked for the regulations, but can't seem to find them ??
What is the difference between them
ms1000

Post by ms1000 »

You can pop me down for a day out at Mallory, it'll be a nice drive out and good racing
Mike Simpson
Mike
Austin A35 1956
Scimitar GTE 1982
Scimitar Coupe 1968
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

The Speedwell cars, pretty much anything goes that is allowed by the rules of the class, allowing people with more money to build a faster/better handling car than the next man, whereas, in theory the academy cars are all built to identical specifications so it's down to individual driver ability.
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Neil Evans wrote:...whereas, in theory the academy cars are all built to identical specifications so it's down to individual driver ability.
... :whistle:
Robinhood

Post by Robinhood »

I hope to be there . wonder if we could be all in a parade lap in our a35s ?