National Rally 2016

Going to an event or show? List it here so others know about it too.
Clive

National Rally 2016

Post by Clive »

Hi. Being new to this club, I'm a bit confused as to where the Club's national rally will be in 2016. There is the International "Regency" Rally in Bath ( presumably for all makes) but does the A30/A35 club have its own UK national rally every year, if so what is the venue for 2016, please?
Clive Forder
Aintree
Liverpool
A30 1955 1275 auto
OVY871

Re: National Rally 2016

Post by OVY871 »

The international rally in Bath is our yearly really, welcoming people from all over the country and from abroad. Other makes are very welcome but the emphasis of the show is on the A30 and A35's.

*Edit*
Just to say however, the rally isn't always in Bath, it was in Sheffield this year, Exmouth last year, Winchester in 2013 and Lichfield before that in 2012. Memory says the previous one was Dundee but the first one I attended was the Lichfield Rally.
Neal Welch
Car still going strong with thousands of miles being added to the clock.
Click the pic or here to read Ovy's story.
Clive

Post by Clive »

Thanks - that clarifies things - in other words it's a national rally where people from abroad and other makes are welcome. The reason I asked was that I was hoping to come to it and was wondering whether there would be some venue to stay at in Bath for those not camping/caravaning on the rugby ground site, basically a hotel where we would be getting together for dinner etc. Also I'm not used to rallies being so long, most I go to are just 2 days i.e. a weekend with just one overnight, generally the Saturday when we have the members' dinner. Is that more or less what happens? Is there a hotel/dinner venue we're looking at for this sort of thing? I would probably just do one overnight due to hotel costs. Which would be the best days for this?
Clive Forder
Aintree
Liverpool
A30 1955 1275 auto
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

Clive
If you are staying one night for me it would be the Saturday. There is always some merriment to be had on the Saturday evening, then see the show on the Sunday :thumbs:

Your earlier question amused me due to my then local regatta on the Thames

Their sign said national the first year , then international the second . Some wag then changed it to Intergalactic! :rol:
Rest Home for rusty vehicles
WAC_Paul

Post by WAC_Paul »

Clive wrote:Thanks - that clarifies things - in other words it's a national rally where people from abroad and other makes are welcome. The reason I asked was that I was hoping to come to it and was wondering whether there would be some venue to stay at in Bath for those not camping/caravaning on the rugby ground site, basically a hotel where we would be getting together for dinner etc. Also I'm not used to rallies being so long, most I go to are just 2 days i.e. a weekend with just one overnight, generally the Saturday when we have the members' dinner. Is that more or less what happens? Is there a hotel/dinner venue we're looking at for this sort of thing? I would probably just do one overnight due to hotel costs. Which would be the best days for this?
Hi Clive

I have sent you the accommodation list. We do supply full evening meals at the rally however (at an additional cost) if you didn't want to have to go back to your accommodation. The booking form will go out in the next magazine at the end of January.

Paul
Alan
Committee Role: A30 Registrar

Post by Alan »

it used to be the 'national rally' as it was held nationally in the UK at a different venue each year........... nationwide..... if you like.

now its called the 'international rally'. don't know why........... the members from abroad always went when it was called the 'national rally'. confusing really......
Modified 1963 AV8 A35 Van
Modified 1972 Rover P6 3500s

Austin A30 Owners club registrar
Clive

Post by Clive »

Thanks for all that. The accommodation list should do the trick - a local B&B would fit the bill nicely. Looking forward to seeing you all.
Cheers,
Clive :D
Clive Forder
Aintree
Liverpool
A30 1955 1275 auto
pick up phil

Post by pick up phil »

As I recall our 'National Rally' became the 'International Rally' about 12 years ago, as many members came from overseas, and the name was changed to try and attract more overseas members and show that the rally was open to everyone in the Club.

To my knowledge we have had Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Gerrman, New Zealand and American members attend, plus many more nI probably don't know about.
Phil Harrison
El Presidente' 2013 - 2016 (Now Retired)
Membership Secretary - Retired
Archivist in the dim and distant past - Retired
Chair or 2009 / 2015 Nat Rally Comm
Sunny Rotherham!!
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

There was an Austrian at the last event. Max has been several times over the last 20 odd years...
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child
OVY871

Post by OVY871 »

I do keep wondering to myself if the International Rally was to team up with the Dutch members and have the rally as a truly international event how popular would it be? I know there is the Eurovisits but wondering if even more people would attend if it was the (inter)national.
Neal Welch
Alan
Committee Role: A30 Registrar

Post by Alan »

there was a visiter from the Czech republic with me at the 2008 rally.
Modified 1963 AV8 A35 Van
Modified 1972 Rover P6 3500s

Austin A30 Owners club registrar
Hoppend

National Rally 2016

Post by Hoppend »

OVY871 wrote:I do keep wondering to myself if the International Rally was to team up with the Dutch members and have the rally as a truly international event how popular would it be? I know there is the Eurovisits but wondering if even more people would attend if it was the (inter)national.
How, do you feel, would that be different from how the event is set up right now?
My Austin A30-A35 website: http://www.hoppend.nl
Chairman/webmaster of Dutch Owners club http://www.austinclub.nl
OVY871

Post by OVY871 »

The set up from your end wouldn't need to be different, I'm just wondering if there was no rally in the UK for a year whether even more people would consider the Euro visit for that year I'd like to see the international rally more international and see people out in there baby Austins on a big trip. Although I will admit I'm not sure how many do attend from the UK just writing my thoughts out. (oh and don't worry, I'm trying to figure out if I can do the Euro-visit :D
Neal Welch
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

When the rally was hosted in Scotland 5 years back it was poorly attended compared to all of the events south of the border in the last 30 years...
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

True, but it did show who were the hardcore committed members !!