German Group First Meeting September 9-11 2016

Going to an event or show? List it here so others know about it too.
Paulc

German Group First Meeting September 9-11 2016

Post by Paulc »

Our newest group in Germany have organised a meeting for all members in September, details below:

The first annual meeting in Germany will take  place from 9th until 11th Sept 2016 in  Waldeck, Germany. The town of Waldeck is beautifully located  in the county of Hessen and is surrounded by the Lake Eder (Edersee) and the National Park. The National Park is part of  UNESCO world nature heritage.

The agenda

a) Friday 9th Sep 2016: arrival at hotel or camping site in  Waldeck, get together in the evening for a welcome drink in  the hotel

b)  Saturday  10th Sep 2016: breakfast in hotel or camping  site, 10.00am sightseeing tour with our beautiful Austin A30/A35 through and around the national park, various stops  en route for photos of the beautiful scenery, 12.30pm stop  for lunch en route in a typical restaurant, 2.00pm continue  sightseeing tour with our Austins with more stops en route,  approx. 5.30pm return to the hotel or camping site, evening  meal, get together in the hotel for an evening drink (total  length of tour approx. 50 miles or 80 km)

c)  Sunday  11th Sep 2016: breakfast in hotel or on camping  site, return journey back home

The hotel:Flair
Hotel Werbetal (Mr Gerlach)Uferstrasse 2834513
WaldeckPhone: +49 – 5634 –
97960www.werbetal-hotel.de

We have made reservations for some double rooms with breakfast in  this hotel at a rate of EUR 63.00 per person and night. All  rooms have shower/bathroom en suite and a beautiful view to  the lake and a balcony. Plenty of parking facilities are  available. Additional bookings of a garage or under cover  parking can be made at extra costs (EUR 5.00 per night).
Should a participant decide to bring the Austin on a trailer  there will be enough space to park also car and  trailer.Please be aware that all bookings have to be  made directly to the hotel (code word: Austin) by  phone or e-mail. Each participant is self-responsible for  bookings and payment.

The camping sites:

a) Campingplatz zur Faehre (www.campingplatz-zur-faehre.de)

b) Campingplatz Haus-am-See (www.hausamsee-waldeck.de) Both camp sites are close by the hotel and the lake. I have  not made any reservations here yet but sufficient space  should be available. Each participant is self-responsible  for bookings and payment.

Should anybody decide to participate in this  annual meeting in Germany I would appreciate if they could  notify me via e-mail (hartmut-albers@gmx.net)  once they have booked hotel or camping site. This enables me  to know how many vehicles will take part in the  tour.  Let me  know what you think and when you could publish this in the  magazine. 

Best  regards,Hartmut  Hartmut  AlbersMilitsch-Trachenberger-Str. 2731832 SpringeGermany
  Phone: +49 – (0)5041 – 62
00 42Mobile: +49 – (0)175 – 16
500 16E-Mail:
hartmut-albers@gmx.net
TILDAS PILOT

Re: German Group First Meeting September 9-11 2016

Post by TILDAS PILOT »

Although I am sorry not be able to make it to this event, I would just like to say it sounds fantastic. I wish all involved the best of luck and it is great to hear of a new group organizing such an event. Credit to you all, Keep it up.

Cheers, David. :D

I hope to see some great photos. :thumbs:
A30/A35 Club Member 2002-
Lincolnshire Group member March 2002-Dec 2010.
Member of the organizing committee for the 2008 International Rally.
Belvoir Vale Group member(Lincolnshire) 2009-
Member of the Lincolnshire Vintage Vehicle Society 2002-
OVY871

Post by OVY871 »

Whilst I'll miss this one, future years I may try to attend.
Neal Welch
Car still going strong with thousands of miles being added to the clock.
Click the pic or here to read Ovy's story.
TrevorC

Post by TrevorC »

We have just booked a room at the hotel and we will be joining you over there.
We will take the opportunity to visit some of my partner’s family in Düren earlier in the week.

Wow, Holland last month and Germany in September. My A30 is going to be well travelled this year.

Trevor.
gazza82
Site Admin
Committee Role: WebEditor

Post by gazza82 »

It will be added to the "What's On" page of the main website shortly ..