AV5 A35 Petrol Tank

This is a general and open For Sale section and is visible to all who can access the forum, with or without logins. Please ensure you include both a location and a price for the items you are selling, if only a guide.
Forum rules
Posts under this section will be seen by ALL users with access to the forum. If you want to sell a part and don't mind if it goes to a non-member, then use this For Sale section or FreeAds on the main website. If you would prefer a Member to get first option, post your item under the Members For Sale section. Please ensure you include both a location and a price for the items you are selling, if only a guide.
Fitz

AV5 A35 Petrol Tank

Post by Fitz »

Please find my ebay listing for a AV5 A35 Van petrol tank.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332085485901? ... 1555.l2649

I actually think it just needs painted but please make your own mind up.
I'm likely going to Birmingham next Friday if it helps to have it dropped off somewhere between Carlisle and Brum on Friday evening.

Probably easiest just to message me on ebay if interested as that'll just come straight to my phone.

Will be selling the brake master cylinder (seems to be working) and rear (not so good) slave brake cylinders as well the rear braking system.

Interestingly tonight I've found out a Ka rear set up should work with my AV5 drums and half shafts etc.
Should I say. :?
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Re: AV5 A35 Petrol Tank

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

Fitz wrote:Please find my ebay listing for a AV5 A35 Van petrol tank.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332085485901? ... 1555.l2649

I actually think it just needs painted but please make your own mind up.
I'm likely going to Birmingham next Friday if it helps to have it dropped off somewhere between Carlisle and Brum on friday evening

Probably easiest just to message me on ebay if interested as that'll just come straight to my phone.

Will be selling the brake master cylinder (seems to be working) and rear (not so good) slave brake cylinders as well the rear braking system.

Interestingly tonight I've found out a Ka rear set up should work with my AV5 drums and half shafts etc.
Should I say. :?
it could be dropped off at mine & i could pass it over at the National Committee Meeting next month :thumbs:
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Please tell us more about KA rear brakes.
Fitz

Post by Fitz »

I guess I could drop the tank off on Friday Nick. I've to be phoning you this week anyway so we can discuss then.

Ka brakes.
I noticed that Ka brakes might fit inside the drums of an AV5 so at the weekend, now that I am underneath the rear of my van, I knocked a drum off to find that when I put the Ka adjuster all the way in the AV5 drum slip over it right up to the back plate and spins round.

I realise I need to machine a hole somehow in the back plate for the halfshaft etc and I need to get the offset of the back plate right and bolted to the axlebut from looking at it everything seems to all be in the right place or places.

The default plan is a Ka handbrake between the seats but I'm going to investigate using mk1/2 mondeo drum brake cables which should then allow me to put a Mondeo handbrake to the right of the drivers seat so it's at least in the right place.

I will start a build thread when I'm finished with Nick but for me, although I am extremely fond off it already I need to have it as a working vehicle so I'm keen to do such modernisation where I can.

Ok I realise it'll not be everyone's cup of tea but for me 'Kenneth' needs to be reliable, fuel efficient and able to trundle up and down the motorway with my enduro motorbike on a detachable frame spec frame so that when I'm out in a forrest for the day my partner she can wander off to some listed garden somewhere in it.

I.
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

Fitz wrote:I guess I could drop the tank off on Friday Nick. I've to be phoning you this week anyway so we can discuss then.
ok Iain :thumbs:, obviously if anyone wants it better get their skates on :thumbs:
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
Alan
Committee Role: A30 Registrar

Post by Alan »

KA brakes sound good. could they be adapted to fit the front as well do you reckon?
Modified 1963 AV8 A35 Van
Modified 1972 Rover P6 3500s

Austin A30 Owners club registrar
Fitz

Post by Fitz »

Alan wrote:KA brakes sound good. could they be adapted to fit the front as well do you reckon?
I'd say yes.
Thinking further about it I suppose you could put bigger cylinders in if you wanted to use on the front.

I'm having to take the axle to a mates as I can't for the life of me get the halfshafts out.
This might not be for another couple of weeks but I'll post up my findings.
Fitz

Post by Fitz »

Petrol tank sold to a club member.