Our 1958 Austin A35

Post your Austin Photos and Austin-related Youtube clips in here
Atomick197

Our 1958 Austin A35

Post by Atomick197 »

Recently myself (16), my dad (old haha) and my younger brother (14) aquired an Austin A35 in a reasonable condition. So one of the youngest's owners? We hope to restore it back to its factory condition to the best of our ability over mine and my brothers time at school and sixthform and gain lots of knowledge and experience on the way.

We have already started work removing the fuel tank (was tired) and the fuel tank to pump pipe (also damaged), and got the pump working again.
We plan to use it as my first car so I can't wait to drive it, as we have just managed to get it running and it sounds amazing lol.
Here are some pictures of it on the drive when it arrived.
Joe.

aeronca65t

Re: Our 1958 Austin A35

Post by aeronca65t »

Great to see the younger crowd interested in these old cars (I see you're the second one here today).
And it's a great "family project" as well!

My A35 is also a '58. Originally imported to Canada, I brought it to the USA a few months ago.
I'm fitting a 1275 plus various other mods to create a non-street vintage racer.

G'luck with your's!
ianb

Post by ianb »

What a super car--- BLACK IS BEST :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ImageImage
Mack22492

Post by Mack22492 »

Hi Joe, Your A35 is beautiful, Wish my A30 looked like that! In answer to your question I am 17 on the 13th of April, What date in April are you 17? Will you keep me updated on your progress? :D

James
Atomick197

Post by Atomick197 »

Thanks mack, Its atctually British racing green which isn't a factory colour of Austin A35's. We hope to send it to its original condition of Blue :) which will look very good IMO.
I also forgot to add its got a 1098cc engine from an A40 instead of the original 948cc giving it a bit more umphh lol. :)