Private messaging

Any Problems with the Website or Forum, ask/report here or if you have an issue using parts of the forum/website ask away.
Dave Clark

Private messaging

Post by Dave Clark »

I,m reasonably good with spanners, feeler gauges and sockets but Im useless with electronics.

Can someone please explain to me, in VERY simple terms, how I can send private messages to other members ?.
jeff

Re: Private messaging

Post by jeff »

Hi dave
On the right hand side do you see the pm logo.To send a pm to someone go to one of there posts and click that logo.
Or click on member at the top right hand and serch for your member.
A different scrreen will pop up and just put a message on there then send
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Thanks Jeff - although I cant see the logo you mention, after logging in under my two different personae (???)
I did find the members list and was able to send a message.

I m just old and a bit dense in some directions.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Dave iam not far behind you not in age mind.
You see my picture on the right with my details underneath the last line says pm click that. :wink:
To know if they have read the message click on user control panel above go to messages.
on the left it will have inbox and outbox if there is a number next to outbox it has not been read.
troutrunner

Post by troutrunner »

Dave Clark wrote:I m just old and a bit dense in some directions.
Not at all :lol: at the next committee meeting in october Mick our Web-editor is to do a little explanation and demo for us all, now with wac-paul on hand, who is I am led to believe, a "PC Whizz", we can work it.

Anyway you can answer a PM, so just go to the same place where you answer, click on I think "NEWPM" making sure you fill the title box, Oh you have to have a member name, and I do agree it is quite confusing.

Probably best to show you, but just keep clicking on stuff until it all falls into place, you can't mess up the site. I worked it out by being inquisitive and thats my nature, so anything that has a little hand over it when moving the mouse is clickable, go on click it :D
Paul
Member No.A728
Nil illegitimi Carborundum
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Jeff, we must be on a different transmitter or summat because there is no "pm" at the end of your sig. The only pm anywhere is the time and date when you joined up !
troutrunner

Post by troutrunner »

Hello Dave,

If you go to the top of the page and on the right hover over "Members" and click on it. :D

Then choose your required member and click on that :D there is a line with the alphabet on it to make it easier, choose the first letter of the desired name for a smaller search.

Let's say "clubsecretary " once clicked it will take you to that profile,
half way down it will say "CONTACT CLUBSECRETARY" and below will say "PM: Send private message" CLICK AND ENTER YOUR MASSAGE. :D
Paul
Member No.A728
WAC_Paul

Post by WAC_Paul »

if you add members as friends - especially if you are likely to pm them regularly - when you go to the new PM a list of friends is then on the left. Then all you need to do is click on that name or multiple names, write your message and press send.

To add someone as a friend click on their profile and there's an obvious button to add as friend - there's also one to add as foe but not sure of the implications of that one as I have never needed to use that one ;)
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Private massaging

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

troutrunner wrote: "PM: Send private message" CLICK AND ENTER YOUR MASSAGE. :D
who's offering massages? :lol: please remember to use plenty of oil :roll:
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
troutrunner

Post by troutrunner »

WAC_Paul wrote:if you add members as friends - especially if you are likely to pm them regularly - when you go to the new PM a list of friends is then on the left. Then all you need to do is click on that name or multiple names, write your message and press send.

To add someone as a friend click on their profile and there's an obvious button to add as friend - there's also one to add as foe but not sure of the implications of that one as I have never needed to use that one ;)
Paul, let us nurture Dave and not give to much out to confuse him more :D :wink:
Paul
Member No.A728
WAC_Paul

Re: Private massaging

Post by WAC_Paul »

A40FARINAGURU wrote:
troutrunner wrote: "PM: Send private message" CLICK AND ENTER YOUR MASSAGE. :D
who's offering massages? :lol: please remember to use plenty of oil :roll:
PMSL - not quite on the level of my dutch misgivings but made me chuckle after a stressful late shift ;) :lol: :lol:
WAC_Paul

Post by WAC_Paul »

troutrunner wrote:
WAC_Paul wrote:if you add members as friends - especially if you are likely to pm them regularly - when you go to the new PM a list of friends is then on the left. Then all you need to do is click on that name or multiple names, write your message and press send.

Paul, let us nurture Dave and not give to much out to confuse him more :D :wink:
I think he might find it the easiest way - I know I do ;)
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Viewing profile - Dave Clark

Username: Dave Clark Location: High Wycombe, BucksOccupation: Now a time served officially government sponsored wrinklyGroups: Registered users Add friend Add foe

Contact Dave Clark PM: Send private message

Hope this helps :mrgreen:
WAC_Paul

Post by WAC_Paul »

Dave Clark wrote:Jeff, we must be on a different transmitter or summat because there is no "pm" at the end of your sig. The only pm anywhere is the time and date when you joined up !
Thats the one Dave - as below.
pm button.jpg
pm button.jpg (34.75 KiB) Viewed 2033 times
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

I didn't notice that PM button before and always went through the Profile page - never too old to learn :wink: