Dutch & German corner?

Any Problems with the Website or Forum, ask/report here or if you have an issue using parts of the forum/website ask away.
Tessa

Dutch & German corner?

Post by Tessa »

Hi bosses of the forum! :thumbs:

On behalf of the dutch Austin A30-A35 Eigenarenclub I would like to ask for a dutch /german corner for those people who are not fluent in english but still have nice stories or precious questions to ask. I myself would be happy to audit the non-english bit and translate stuff. :wow:

(i don't think it will be a very busy corner but...... for those who need a bit of help with english this might be the solution! :iagree: )

thank you very much

Tessa van Arum
Chairman Dutch A30-A35 Ownersclub
ImageImage
troutrunner

Re: Dutch & German corner?

Post by troutrunner »

Hi Tessa :wave:
That is a very reasonable request and idea, you may persuade some of us Brits to become bilingual, would it be best in the open forum or the members area ? tiss up to you :D and what tittle and info would you think best in the header ?

Your thoughts please :thumbs:
Paul
Member No.A728
Nil illegitimi Carborundum
Dinky

Post by Dinky »

or should that be

Hi Tessa
Dat is een heel redelijk verzoek en idee, kunt u een aantal van ons Britten over te halen om te worden tweetalig, zou het beste zijn in het open forum of de leden gebied? Tiss aan jou en wat tittel en info zou je beste denken in de header?

Uw gedachten kunt u
Bryan
1957 Austin A35 2 door Deluxe "Thomas"
1958 Austin A35 4 door "Dinky" Highly commended Heap of the show 2013 still surviving despite the owner!
Member of the Southampton and New Forest Group
This is a psychic screen you will believe me to be far more important when you see it
Hoppend

Post by Hoppend »

I can spot some mistakes in your translation... Did you do it yourself or can I take a wild guess and say that google translate made some mistakes?

-Huib
My Austin A30-A35 website: http://www.hoppend.nl
Chairman/webmaster of Dutch Owners club http://www.austinclub.nl
Dinky

Post by Dinky »

that was google translate

my launguage skills are far more limited :oops:
Bryan
1957 Austin A35 2 door Deluxe "Thomas"
1958 Austin A35 4 door "Dinky" Highly commended Heap of the show 2013 still surviving despite the owner!
Member of the Southampton and New Forest Group
This is a psychic screen you will believe me to be far more important when you see it
Hoppend

Post by Hoppend »

I love that you get funny results when you translate back and forward a couple of times. But for getting the general idea on what a website is about, google translate can be very usefull.

Also usefull to monitor those dutch people when we get a dutch corner. :whistle: :D
My Austin A30-A35 website: http://www.hoppend.nl
Chairman/webmaster of Dutch Owners club http://www.austinclub.nl
troutrunner

Post by troutrunner »

With regard to the idea of a Dutch/overseas section, I do approve and did send Tessa an email to which I have not yet had an answer.
This obviously would need a person with some language skills to moderate it, so that is where we are with it at present, just a thought until we get a volunteer :wave:
Paul
Member No.A728
Nil illegitimi Carborundum
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

i agree too, good idea, if the Dutch or Germans wish to contribute in their own language i am happy with that, on reflection, the Dutch & Germans do speak very good english & many other non english language countries but sad to say not many english speaking counties world-wide can speak Dutch or German or even many other languages in the world myself included :(
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)