948cc engine

Technical questions and Maintenance advice post in here please
16Cabulrd

948cc engine

Post by 16Cabulrd »

Does anyone know a supplier of stock reconditioned 948cc engines, I have one for exchange but do not want to wait for the reconditioning process if possible to just exchange mine.
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Re: 948cc engine

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

16Cabulrd wrote:Does anyone know a supplier of stock reconditioned 948cc engines, I have one for exchange but do not want to wait for the reconditioning process if possible to just exchange mine.
is yours the original with matched engine number if so i'd get that one done to keep the originality of the car :thumbs:
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
Paulc

Post by Paulc »

Bull Motif have them advertised at well over £1200 inc vat. Might be worth asking Paul Clayton as he supplies the historic rally cars and he must have contacts in the rebuild world. Check that the engine you are buying is ready to fit, ones I've seen are supplied without the exhaust and thermostat studs for example.
Bill

Post by Bill »

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
A40FARINAGURU wrote:
16Cabulrd wrote:Does anyone know a supplier of stock reconditioned 948cc engines, I have one for exchange but do not want to wait for the reconditioning process if possible to just exchange mine.
is yours the original with matched engine number if so i'd get that one done to keep the originality of the car :thumbs:
I agree wholeheartedly. This could be a hasty decision you may regret.
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

And if you do decide to keep that engine either remove the engine number plate or ask the engine reconditioners to do it for your, and replace it afterwards or you will lose it when they machine the block, almost certainly.