Novice Ancillaries Wiring Question

Technical questions and Maintenance advice post in here please
Duncan

Re: Novice Ancillaries Wiring Question

Post by Duncan »

all this electrical starter paraphernalia could be replaced with a crankhandle! oh wait... :whistle:
gazza82
Site Admin
Committee Role: WebEditor

Re: Novice Ancillaries Wiring Question

Post by gazza82 »

Big Daddy wrote:
gazza82 wrote:Then I made mine complicated by copying a Mini starter circuit 8-} :lol:
Original Mini had a mechanical starter switch without solenoid (aka relay). Exposed underfloor location was probably less than ideal (carp)... :whistle:
17H5260_classic_minmini_floor_mount_starter_switch.jpg

Mine's the later version .. just needs a different ignition switch with the extra position (as with Mini, Midget, etc) and the newer starter solenoid .. and I had a friend breaking a Riley Elf .. source for my A35 for various parts including the SU and manifolds, and the starter electrics. And the MkII badge! :whistle:

I did it because I had idiot mate's who would pull the starter knob while the engine was running!! My flywheel ring-gear was suffering!!! Later moved the ignition switch to the RIGHT of the column which when you are right-handed is much more convenient. :wink:
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Club WebEditor.

Cars: "Project 757" '59 A35 2-door bought in 1971 & Subaru BRZ SE LUX Auto plus "family fleet": Alfa MiTo, Peugeot 206, (Ex '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS)