av5 front bumper

Technical questions and Maintenance advice post in here please
wvs

av5 front bumper

Post by wvs »

Would anyone know the correct length an A35 front bumper should be. I have been offered a new unused but it measures almost 4 inches shorter ie 2" at each end. I believe the front bumper is the same spec for all A30/A35 models otherwise.
Thanks
AW
Paulc

Re: av5 front bumper

Post by Paulc »

Measuring across the middle of the bumper the length is 4ft 10", not totally accurate as I've got overriders but it isn't far off that.
Neil Evans
Committee Role: Technical Officer

Post by Neil Evans »

The hole spacings are important to check as well as there's similar bumpers out there for a different application...
Club Technical Information Officer
A30/A35 Club Member A191 (since 1972)

Father of the club's only love child
wvs

Post by wvs »

Thanks for the useful info gents. Neil, your comment regarding the holes is right, the new bumper has a couple of holes the old one doesn't, for example one very near to each end.
When you say other applications do you mean other cars/manufacturers or versions of the A35?
Many thanks.
AW
wvs

Post by wvs »

Have just done some looking around the bay and I reckon the bumper in question is for a frog eye sprite, and sadly not the potential replacement for my tired original.
A40FARINAGURU
Committee Role: A35 Registrar

Post by A40FARINAGURU »

wvs wrote:Have just done some looking around the bay and I reckon the bumper in question is for a frog eye sprite, and sadly not the potential replacement for my tired original.
still buy it though, they are like hens teeth, there was one listed as A30/A35 on a certain website but it was shorter & it was believed to be 'Frogeye' :thumbs:
Nick Bayliss

Club's A35 (Saloon) Registrar, South Midlands Area Contact

Email, a35@austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk

Connected with A30/A35's for 63 years

A30/A35 Member A1372 (since 1981)
Chris T

Post by Chris T »

Note that the frogeye front bumper doesn't have a starting handle hole. I have an idea Healey sourced it from the parts bin supplying rear bumpers for the A50 pickup, or some such.
Chris T
400,000+ A30 miles in 40 years
Austins <=> sustAin
wvs

Post by wvs »

The bumper in question does have a starter handle hole therefore I am not so sure about it being for a frogeye especially after having spoken to a Frogeye owner at a show today. The mystery as to what car this bumper is intended continues.
Many thanks for your replies.
Aw