Car history

As it says on the tin, General and off Topic area, talk about anything in here (within reason!)
britaxcooper

Car history

Post by britaxcooper »

What ways can I collect some history of my car?

1) Write to the DVLA and get copies of the old reg docs
2) Pay a large fee to BMH and get a heritage certificate

What else?

There’s an AA badge on the front (yes I know, 99% chance someone bought it from a jumble and put it on) but I read you can date them from the 1st 2 numbers/letters, and it turned out to be between 1957-59 so its possible its original!
Stacey Christie

Re: Car history

Post by Stacey Christie »

DVLA are genuinely helpful. Found out load about my car. Heritage certificate was a bit hit and miss. I believe it is better now, but as you appear to be a newbie to these cars from your questions, may I respectfully direct you to Kim Hensons FABULOUS book (It's a top starter for all things A30/35) called http://www.classic-car-books.co.uk/4681/index.html

Stacey
Four Wheels On My Wagon....and passed the (now not required) MOT!
Chris T

Re: Car history

Post by Chris T »

Before they were centralised at the DVLA, registration was managed by local councils and you can still obtain a photocopy of the original registration detail from the archived ledgers. Most still have theirs available and costs vary from about £1 up to £25. Very limited info on there but quite a nice little addition to the car's history file. Speak to A35 registrar Clive Cadman.
Chris T.
400,000+ A30 miles in 40 years
Austins <=> sustAin